Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Scared of HIGH WIND... These guys ain't!!!
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
barfly

Since 31 Mar 2005
1210 Posts
Seaside
BRACKISH

PostMon May 16, 05 4:09 pm     Reply with quote

I've had some success switching my feet before the transition... then when you turn, there you are!

PostMon May 16, 05 4:11 pm     Reply with quote

Pick up a copy of "how to Rip". It is an old instructional video that teaches some jibing.

PostTue May 17, 05 3:06 pm     Reply with quote

There are probably many different ways to jibe, but here's how I do it:

I do a toeside turn. Sometimes ride toeside for a while, or sometimes switch my feet right away. So I'm going toeside, and I slide my back foot up to half way between front foot and old back foot position. My back foot is now twisted so that the toes are pointing forward, and it's out near the windward rail. This is kind of the balance point if I were to put all of my weight on that foot. Now comes the hard part. At this point I basically hop to switch my feet. The tricky part is pushing off so that the board keeps tracking while your feet are finding their new positions. If they don't land in quite the right place, don't panic. Just try to get it under control, then re-adjust your feet. It's easiest to learn in smooth water with enough power so that the kite is helping you balance. After enough practice, you'll be able to do it underpowered, in chop, or in surf.

Spencer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: