Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Sandspit Parking Lot flattened

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
4Stringer/KipWinger

Since 27 Apr 2005
541 Posts
Hood River
Addicted

PostWed May 11, 05 5:48 am    Sandspit Parking Lot flattened Reply with quote

The Port flattened the entire parking area yesterday with buldozers. All of the dirt mounds and trees were removed, a 5' high berm (sp?) has been made on the west of the parking area with the extra dirt, and dirt has been pushed over the stairs to create a 10 foot wide ramp from the parking area to the sand. The Port closed the area yesterday and my guess is that it will remain closed again today while they continue the work. If you want a session bad enough, a walk from the foot bridge is required.
It's too bad that all of the trees were removed, although I do understand why the Port flattened the entire area.

Jim

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostWed May 11, 05 6:08 am    Re: Sandspit Parking Lot flattened Reply with quote

4Stringer/KipWinger wrote:
The Port flattened the entire parking area yesterday with buldozers. All of the dirt mounds and trees were removed, a 5' high berm (sp?) has been made on the west of the parking area with the extra dirt, and dirt has been pushed over the stairs to create a 10 foot wide ramp from the parking area to the sand. The Port closed the area yesterday and my guess is that it will remain closed again today while they continue the work. If you want a session bad enough, a walk from the foot bridge is required.
It's too bad that all of the trees were removed, although I do understand why the Port flattened the entire area.

Jim

They got rid of the grassy/trees area in the middle? Confused

Thanks for the heads up on the closure!

Rollo Tomasi

Since 17 Mar 2005
983 Posts

Attractive

PostWed May 11, 05 7:27 am     Reply with quote

Wow..just looked at the cam. They're working it now. Looks sunny and windy too.

SB Pk Lot.jpg 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: