Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

heading up from California... advice on riding spot
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
dcrowe

Since 11 Oct 2005
265 Posts
hard to say, I was inverted
Obsessed

PostSun Jun 04, 06 4:04 pm     Reply with quote

WHAT@#$@#$ inexcusable J.

marina c

Since 03 Apr 2006
318 Posts
California/Gorge Summer
Obsessed

PostMon Jun 05, 06 4:08 am     Reply with quote

thanks for all the suggestions. I think I will stop in Bandon as it breaks my trip up the best. What about Floras Lake? Is that a nice spot to ride? I'm looking for somewhere where my car will be safe and that allows dogs. Don't think I'll camp unless I have to... but looks like many of the hotels up there do take dogs...

...yes I'm the Marina from ikitesurf:-)

Thanks again to everyone and hope you get some wind soon! It's been 7m weather and sunny here in California but still need the 5/3 wetsuit!

marina

dcrowe

Since 11 Oct 2005
265 Posts
Obsessed

PostMon Jun 05, 06 7:52 am     Reply with quote

Floras is a great flat water spot to ride, make sure you bring a leash for the dog, they have birds nesting around the lake and get a bit worked up when they see dogs running about. Here's a good link for floras. Have fun!

http://www.floraslake.com/flw2.htm

jdk

Since 21 Dec 2005
333 Posts

Obsessed

PostThu Jun 08, 06 7:42 am     Reply with quote

what wind directions work for Floras? are there launches on all sides or doesn't it matter since its shallow all over? wind is looking to be from north for the weekend please let me know if you think this will be good Thanks

dcrowe

Since 11 Oct 2005
265 Posts
Obsessed

PostThu Jun 08, 06 7:47 am     Reply with quote

It usually blows from the NE. That's what you want. Soesn't really work from the south. Appears that you'll be looking good for this weekend.

Sol-flyer

Since 21 Mar 2006
1280 Posts
Dude, where's my Bus?
Otto Mann

PostThu Jun 08, 06 7:52 am     Reply with quote

northerly's are ideal, most people wont even go out there if it isnt north winds. i've try'd to ride out there during south winds but its way gusty...i think the low/high wind variable was up to 25 mph!

there is a lot of open area to launch @ floras, but its best to stick with north side(upwind).

when are you going out? i'm going to be there friday till sunday.

jdk

Since 21 Dec 2005
333 Posts

Obsessed

PostThu Jun 08, 06 8:02 am     Reply with quote

Thanks I'm considering making the drive from Portland this weekend. without the sandbar there aren't many good options for noobs around here. Sauvies is a little hectic with all the traffic and i'm not sure it'll turn on this weekend anyway. i'll post if i'm heading down John K

blowhard

Since 26 Dec 2005
2025 Posts

Windward

PostSat Jun 10, 06 11:06 am    Marina Reply with quote

I'm John helped you find the woodstove solution in Langlois ,look me up if you come to the south jetty

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: