Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

does anyone snowkite by WSU?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
windandwaves

Since 21 Aug 2009
23 Posts
P-town

PostFri Nov 06, 09 10:13 pm    does anyone snowkite by WSU? Reply with quote

looks like a good place

LOOP

Since 08 Feb 2007
107 Posts

Ore-Ida

PostSat Nov 07, 09 8:50 am     Reply with quote

Im thinkin of heading south of Cda/Spokane a few times this year if they get the snow coverage. A lot of good area everywhere in the area south of town.

Donny Baker

Since 13 Jul 2006
80 Posts

PostSat Nov 07, 09 8:57 am     Reply with quote

The whole Palouse is wicked terrain. Just add snow and wind and you got a giant terrain park that could be explored for a lifetime.

Sella

Since 21 Apr 2007
1794 Posts
Doin' The Dalles
FLY'IN HIGH PIE GUY

PostSat Nov 07, 09 10:43 am     Reply with quote

Donny is correct. The Palouse is one big rolling frozen wave during the winter. From Spangle/Rosalia to Moscow/Pullman down to the top of the Lewiston/Clarkston grade is unlimited. Almost a 90 mile downwinder. Very Happy

A lot of land is CRP so the farmers are open to riding it mainly out of curiosity of what the hell you're doing but riding on their winter wheat doesn't jive so always ask permission before you rig and ride because Smith&Wesson insurance is how the locals roll.

hobbsla

Since 28 Jan 2006
389 Posts

Obsessed

PostSun Nov 08, 09 12:46 pm     Reply with quote

"because Smith&Wesson insurance is how the locals roll."

LOL Laughing Laughing

cool breeze

Since 05 Oct 2009
26 Posts
mtn

PostSun Nov 29, 09 9:58 am     Reply with quote

yeah dude i was riding there on mon and tues 6-8in
fun until the cops showed up and tried to make me put down my kite!

Windance Crew

Since 18 Apr 2008
473 Posts
Hood River Kite Shop
Obsessed

PostSun Nov 29, 09 10:54 am     Reply with quote

We've had no problems out there as long as you get permission first. Six of us rode out there by Spague lake last year on our way back from MSR. The Locals are good hard working people and you have to respect their land. If you play stupid and don't get permission you can get cited for Felony Trespassing. If you get a "no, I don't think so" just try a different spot. Most people love it, if you put on a show!

Brad

troykiter

Since 22 Nov 2009
6 Posts
Troy, ID
Kook

PostSun Nov 29, 09 6:01 pm    pullman snowkiting Reply with quote

Anyone riding soon? I've never done it, but I've got the itch. I have a 3.5m trainer that I think would work. Need to get a board, tho, too. I'm working on that.

Where are the places to go?

Sella

Since 21 Apr 2007
1794 Posts
Doin' The Dalles
FLY'IN HIGH PIE GUY

PostSun Nov 29, 09 8:24 pm    Re: pullman snowkiting Reply with quote

troykiter wrote:
Anyone riding soon? I've never done it, but I've got the itch. I have a 3.5m trainer that I think would work. Need to get a board, tho, too. I'm working on that.

Where are the places to go?

Anyplace from Troy to Moscow has a lot of CRP land. (Behind the Thorson Ranch comes to mind) Just ask first and never assume. If a cop is telling you to land your kite it means a pissed off landowner made a call.

North of the Moscow Mall on Mtn View road is a park/ field.....or follow that for another 2 miles until until you get to West Mtn View Rd is another park that is isolated and private to practice. A 3.5m kite will drag you around and get you started.

As you progress there are dozens of areas in either direction of Moscow. Troy to Elk River...also unlimited. As a local Troy guy....ask around and you'll probably have permission to ride your own private "Secret Spot". Just scratch your itch carefully...or it will end up bad for every kiter in the area.

cool breeze

Since 05 Oct 2009
26 Posts
mtn

PostMon Nov 30, 09 8:07 am     Reply with quote

yeah i had permission. an uninformed neighbor made the call to the sheriff

troykiter

Since 22 Nov 2009
6 Posts
Troy, ID
Kook

PostMon Nov 30, 09 8:22 am     Reply with quote

Sweet, thanks for the info. I'm prayin for snow now...gotta get a board!

Jbruck

Since 17 Jun 2016
43 Posts
Eugene, OR

PostFri Jun 17, 16 11:39 am    Snow kiting in the Pullman area? Reply with quote

Hi,
I just moved to the Pullman area, and am looking for an update on snow kiting as I look forward to winter. Where are the good rideable spots? Public land? Private land? How to get permission to ride there?

I've seen a number of posts saying that the Palouse is great for kiting, but am having trouble figuring out where exactly local riders usually go.

Any local kiting groups or clubs I should join?

I also kiteboard on the water, and while I'm aware of how good the Gorge is for kiting I'm also wondering if there are kiteable bodies of water closer to Pullman?

Thanks for your help,

Joseph

Campbell

Since 07 Sep 2008
409 Posts
Camas, WA
Obsessed

PostSun Jun 19, 16 3:03 pm     Reply with quote

Go Cougs

image.jpeg 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: