Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Wiley Ski bar mod

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostMon May 29, 06 5:17 pm    Wiley Ski bar mod Reply with quote

Anyone care to comment on this? Cost? Availability? And how do I get one right now?!

For those of you who haven't seen it imagine a Turbo Diesel setup without the side pulleys. I tried it on a 9m Waroo and a stock Best bar today and it was sweet. Looking at it though I couldn't imagine why it couldn't work on any kite or bar.

blancoh2o

Since 15 Mar 2005
1153 Posts
Oregon
Phishy

PostMon May 29, 06 6:45 pm     Reply with quote

Give Jim bison a call at New Winds. I think he and Johnny B are the ones working on that setup.
I tried it also on a VERY Gusty day about 2 weeks ago. I felt like I was wakeboarding behind a boat with the smartpass turned on.
I have a feeling that we are going to see similar setups by most of the kite companys next year. I also expect similar performance characteristics from them too. This sport is getting better all the time.

https://kb4c.rallyup.com/kb4c/286ef9/Member

mikes

Since 13 Mar 2005
90 Posts
B'Ham

PostTue May 30, 06 5:18 am    Re: Wiley Ski bar mod Reply with quote

pkh wrote:
Anyone care to comment on this? Cost? Availability? And how do I get one right now?!

Don't know what he charges for the entire kit, I think the stoppers go for $20, nicely CNC machined, and easier to adjust by bumping it with a knuckle instead of grabbing it.

If you want it now do what I did and cobble it together, any bar with a hole big enough will do, the hole on the Naish bars isn't big:
http://www.nwkite.com/forums/t-1253.html

BTW I edited that post, I used 3/16" amsteel, not 1/4"

J.P.

Since 10 Mar 2005
638 Posts

Addicted

PostTue May 30, 06 4:35 pm     Reply with quote

dwiley@wileyski.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: