Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Hey remember a week ago when it was 90 degrees....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostFri May 26, 06 6:58 am    Hey remember a week ago when it was 90 degrees.... Reply with quote

...that was sure nice. Confused

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostFri May 26, 06 7:34 am     Reply with quote

I would definately have to agree with you there! Confused

blowhard

Since 26 Dec 2005
2025 Posts

Windward

PostFri May 26, 06 7:43 am    COLD AND NORTHERLIES TOMORROW Reply with quote

it was 92 in Florence and ugly ,,but 65 on the beach and so sweet ,,but cold northerlies tomorrow,AND GOOD LOOKING SWELL

bamboo

Since 24 Jun 2005
165 Posts
da 'chung; taiwan
Stoked

PostFri May 26, 06 10:24 am     Reply with quote

i think i've watched ever single kite vid i own in the last week...this is getting old

dcrowe

Since 11 Oct 2005
265 Posts
hard to say, I was inverted
Obsessed

PostFri May 26, 06 11:29 am     Reply with quote

bored bored bored boredbored bored bored boredbored bored bored boredbored bored bored boredbored bored bored boredbored bored bored boredbored bored bored boredbored bored bored boredbored bored bored boredbored bored bored boredbored bored bored boredbored bored bored boredbored bored bored boredbored bored bored boredbored bored bored boredboredbored bored bored boredbored bored bored boredbored bored bored boredbored bored bored boredbored bored bored boredbored bored bored boredbored bored bored boredbored bored bored boredbored bored bored boredbored bored bored boredbored bored bored boredbored bored bored bored, you really gonna go brave the rain tomorrow John? I think I might too.

Gman

Since 11 Feb 2006
4907 Posts
Portland
Unstrapped

PostFri May 26, 06 1:55 pm     Reply with quote

I haven't been in the water since Saturday - I think I'm drying out - may have to buy a trainer kite to remember what to do.

Is it really going to be out of the North at the coast tomorrow? I'm going down to Oceanside on Sat - Mon anyone kite there. I've sailed Netarts on a South wind (think thats what you need for the bay to work) but the Outside looked like fun. any beta?

dcrowe

Since 11 Oct 2005
265 Posts
hard to say, I was inverted
Obsessed

PostFri May 26, 06 2:23 pm     Reply with quote

looks like it
.SAT...NW WIND 15 TO 20 KT...RISING TO 20 TO 25 KT IN THE
AFTERNOON. WIND WAVES 4 FT. W SWELL 6 FT AT 8 SECONDS. SHOWERS

"beta".....you a climber?

Ryan

Since 14 Jul 2005
536 Posts
Oregon
Addicted

PostFri May 26, 06 2:29 pm    Oceanside - (some beta) Reply with quote

I kited oceanside 2 weekend ago. On that day it was light and very punchy (the wind) on the inside. it was a windy day for oceanside, i was on my 11 and got blown off it. Typically it likes a S to SW swale due to the rocks offshore to the north. the waves actually looked better down by the bay mouth, i think the wind might be better as well. all in all its a good spot, i have seen some sick waves there.

hope this helps.

Ryan

barfly

Since 31 Mar 2005
1210 Posts
Seaside
BRACKISH

PostSat May 27, 06 7:04 am     Reply with quote

Gman wrote:
any beta?

Netarts bay works real good in a NW. Get it mid tide and launch from Schooner beach which is just North of the little jetty. There's not much beach and none at high tide but getting across to the spit and back in behind there is very nice flatwater.

On the outside in Oceanside, the NW swells and winds work pretty damn nice for DTL wave slashin' but Ryan's right, it is not as consistent as a wide open beach. Do a downwinder from Oceanside down into Happy Camp and watch the mouth of Netarts, its a man/kite/and board eater.

Gman

Since 11 Feb 2006
4907 Posts
Portland
Unstrapped

PostSat May 27, 06 7:58 am     Reply with quote

Thanks for the Beta - will be out rain or...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: