Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

sequences
Page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
kiteboard117

Since 02 Mar 2005
450 Posts
PDX
McLovin

PostFri May 19, 06 3:07 pm    sequences Reply with quote

its pretty crappy weather out there today so i have been messing around with sequence pictures. heres my first attempt. i just copied the right half off the original shot and put it onto the new one but its leaving lines where i paste it. i really dont understand how the ones in the magazines keep the water looking normal . anybody know the best way to do it?

photo from mark
 photo from mark  shortsequence.jpg 

bambam

Since 15 Mar 2005
760 Posts
Hood River
Photographer

PostFri May 19, 06 3:18 pm     Reply with quote

Photoshop... Pick one picture as the background and then layer the others behind it. Then you cut holes in the mask to allow the other layered images to only show through in those spots. Takes lots of work to do it right unless you live in the program had have all your shortcut keys and techniques worked out.

What you have done here is actually pretty nice considering the technique you used... Looks like your getting pretty damn good Tucker... Lets get out and shoot some stuff one of these days.

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostFri May 19, 06 4:17 pm     Reply with quote

Good stuff Tucker, if you want Photoshop CS, just let me know and I'll get you a copy (yes people, I know this isn't "legal", but whatever...).

JNETTE

Since 02 Feb 2006
149 Posts
PORTLAND
Stoked

PostSat May 20, 06 1:29 am     Reply with quote

AWESOME JOB TUCKER!

importracer9 99

Since 27 Oct 2005
296 Posts

Obsessed

PostSat May 20, 06 1:39 am     Reply with quote

nice one guys
Last edited by importracer9 99 on Mon Mar 22, 21 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

kiteboard117

Since 02 Mar 2005
450 Posts
PDX
McLovin

PostSat May 20, 06 11:48 am     Reply with quote

sweet that sounds way easier! im gona have to jack adams photoshop now though.

tacksharp

Since 06 Dec 2005
91 Posts
The Hood
Photographer

PostSun May 21, 06 9:43 am    The Art of the Sequence Reply with quote

Bammer was right on with the sequences - it takes a lot of time and attention with layer masks in Photoshop. And not all sequences look good once stitched together - some get too crowded or other's just don't seem to line up right (unless you pour days into creating the stitch). Nonetheless, I love looking at a good stitch. Here is an old school one of Jeff Tobias, who showed up at the Spit to poach a few runs during a Wipi photo shoot. I turned around to see him throttle the kicker - this is the only one he landed. You don't see too many shots with the Nichols boat basin in the background - gives it a cool, urban feel. And the progression just happens to follow the outline of the back hills..I'll dig for more cool ones.

Old Skool Tobias off the kicker in the Hood
 Old Skool Tobias off the kicker in the Hood  Tobias.jpg 

tacksharp

Since 06 Dec 2005
91 Posts
The Hood
Photographer

PostSun May 21, 06 9:46 am    second run Reply with quote

And of course...Ruben is all money for sequence work. This one was posted during the photo competition, but I have three other ones I'll put together that were just as insane. When going wide angle to get kite and rider, than the huge time consumer and pain the arse becomes getting those kite lines all in the sequence..ugh...

Sicky Ruben
 Sicky Ruben  morphHIRESflatweb.jpg 

tacksharp

Since 06 Dec 2005
91 Posts
The Hood
Photographer

PostSun May 21, 06 9:48 am    oops..file too big Reply with quote

Here ya go..smaller file

morphHIRESflatweb1.jpg 

Hein

Since 08 Mar 2005
1313 Posts

Possessed

PostSun May 21, 06 10:59 am     Reply with quote

Hey, that last sequence is wacked. The kite is flying backwards.
Len10 is good but I think you got the direction of travel wrong.
I'm trying to figure out where that landscape in the background
is. Something just don't add up.

Sequence shots are cool but you gotta respect the laws of physics.

-Hein

importracer9 99

Since 27 Oct 2005
296 Posts

Obsessed

PostSun May 21, 06 11:24 am     Reply with quote

legit
Last edited by importracer9 99 on Mon Mar 22, 21 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

tacksharp

Since 06 Dec 2005
91 Posts
The Hood
Photographer

PostSun May 21, 06 11:54 am    lol.. Reply with quote

lol..yeah...Slingy put that one together..They took one from the sandbar and made it work for their website..not much I can do once the shots are bought..I will work on a few that are straight from the shoot and post later..

Inept_Fun

Since 14 Apr 2005
1417 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostSun May 21, 06 7:48 pm     Reply with quote

Yeah that shot was tripping me out, i was like wtf is going on?

That seq of tobias is pretty sick tho! Thats from like 3 summers ago!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
importracer9 99

Since 27 Oct 2005
296 Posts

Obsessed

PostSun May 21, 06 8:07 pm     Reply with quote

crazy
Last edited by importracer9 99 on Mon Mar 22, 21 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ronnie Sendo

Since 22 May 2006
6 Posts

Kook

PostMon May 22, 06 12:33 am     Reply with quote

those are some banger shots, jimbo!

tacksharp

Since 06 Dec 2005
91 Posts
The Hood
Photographer

PostMon May 22, 06 6:58 am    Thanks.. Reply with quote

Thanks for the kudos on the shots..as far as the Ruben shot goes, I simply posted it as a good example of what an extreme amount of Photoshop can do in producing a stitch. I looked at the files, and his Mobe 7 of course was actually going away from me, powered with the kite. And, yeah, the Tobias sequence is OLD! It actually never ran, but I still love it. I'm not sure if the other trees are covering Hood River. That is the thing about doing sequences in the Gorge, lots of tedious background to line up and match. None are perfect (unless you want to spend a couple of days), but the ideas is to show the progression of a move. Too many people who don't kite think kiting is too dangly..show them a progression and they begin to understand the power and flow of the sport. Both shots are old. It's hard to justify spending the time on producing stitches unless they are going to be bought. I have 3-4 more insane Ruben ones and 3-4 more Dylan Thompson ones that I would love to put together. Anyone want to brush up on their PS skills? If it's good I'll run it and give them graphic credit in the mag!

J.P.

Since 10 Mar 2005
638 Posts

Addicted

PostMon May 22, 06 7:36 am    Re: sequences Reply with quote

kiteboard117 wrote:
its pretty crappy weather out there today so i have been messing around with sequence pictures. heres my first attempt. i just copied the right half off the original shot and put it onto the new one but its leaving lines where i paste it. i really dont understand how the ones in the magazines keep the water looking normal . anybody know the best way to do it?

Photshop calls it the "Halo" effect.
Do search for it on Adobe or google.
The techinique to remove/avoid is straight forward

jp

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: