Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

bow tie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
registered

Since 12 Jul 2005
1319 Posts
tsunami
Sandbagger

PostThu May 18, 06 7:27 pm    bow tie Reply with quote

Are we who have resisted the bows thus far going to be shorted on latest greatest C kite reinventions with all the time the RnD boys have to put into fixing bow floppers? I love my kites but I know they can be better. Call me crazy but I like flying the right size kite, no 1-2 kite quiver for me.I think I am at like 7, could sell 1-2 though.

All I know is that my slingy one pumps are great and if they would only put the dump valve at the end so I could roll ot up one end to the other I could save like 10 more seconds. Rolling Eyes .

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostThu May 18, 06 7:39 pm    Re: bow tie Reply with quote

registered wrote:
All I know is that my slingy one pumps are great and if they would only put the dump valve at the end so I could roll ot up one end to the other I could save like 10 more seconds. Rolling Eyes .

haha, you lazy ass mothafucka!!! j/k, but yea, that would be kind of cool sometimes. I always quicky "bunch" my kites up on the beach, then roll them up once they're nice and clean, but that would still would save some time.

I'm all for the C's too, just hope Slingy does something crazy/cool to the '07 Fuels (probably the next time I'll upgrade).

registered

Since 12 Jul 2005
1319 Posts
tsunami
Sandbagger

PostThu May 18, 06 7:48 pm     Reply with quote

hows the new board??

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostThu May 18, 06 7:57 pm     Reply with quote

Man, I was gettin' worked on that thing the first time out at South Beach yesterday. It's sooo planky/square that you have to really sit back on it, and when you do, the tail sinks like crazy. Can't ride the shallows, and I was catching an edge on ever single wave I came across.

We headed up to Siletz after a bit, so it was nice to (sort of) get a feel for it on flat water. Already scuffed up my heel fins pretty good though, again because that thing doesn't like shallow water. How's the wind lookin' down there this weekend?

Just checked iKitesurf...  What happened at Floras today?
 Just checked iKitesurf... What happened at Floras today?  Floras.gif 

pjc

Since 06 Mar 2005
649 Posts

Addicted

PostSun May 21, 06 11:37 am     Reply with quote

Florence is so windy you could probably get 1/2 your sessions on a 7m Waroo. (Heck you are probably getting almost that much on a 7m Fuel).

The waroo bar is nothing special, you could skip it and just use one of the bars you already have. It'd be basically the same as putting a stopper ball on a Waroo bar which is what I have. Not quite as much center strap adjustability but that is not critical..

Sell your 7m and 9m on ebay and you'll have most of the money for a new Waroo 7m kite only. (Wait till they ship the kite and run your card before selling the old kites). Don't fear the fish you fisherman.

(was it good yesterday (Sat?) )

Mocean

Since 21 Sep 2005
343 Posts
Newport
Obsessed

PostSun May 21, 06 2:26 pm     Reply with quote

Save time rolling up your kite by folding in half first, then fold it (roll it) up from the two wingtips to the center strut.

Looks like low pressure systems will be killing the north winds for a while. Fun surf today though.

registered

Since 12 Jul 2005
1319 Posts
tsunami
Sandbagger

PostMon May 22, 06 7:37 am     Reply with quote

Yeah pete, I think you gave me that advice about that rockin huge range hellfish you were stoked about. I will stick with the fuels thanks.
Mocean, It is hard to get all the air out rollin doubled. Its not really about time.

pjc

Since 06 Mar 2005
649 Posts

Addicted

PostTue May 23, 06 10:22 am     Reply with quote

sorry i thought it was you starting the thread asking for advice about bow kites. you can ask blowhard how windy it was the day he caught my 9m if you think i am blowing smoke.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: