Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

wut up? anyone still use NAISH?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
blowhard

Since 26 Dec 2005
2025 Posts

Windward

PostSun May 14, 06 3:57 pm    wut up? anyone still use NAISH? Reply with quote

I'm looking to renew my quiver,
( X-4 16.0 -12.0,V-4 10.0 and 8.0) ,
Tried the S.S. octane 10.0 and liked it a lot spills the wind and goes upwind easily,(not that anyone in the gorge cares about windward ability) tried the turbo diesel and disliked it ,tried the 16.0 octane and it proved to be another gutless wimp from S.S.my pal is flying the yayhoo (SIC)from BEST it looked like a luffer as well but not the immeadiate invert to full power that the TURDO DIESEL did ,and another pal on a PETER LYNN he was rippin with no problems (fills his kite through a zipper),tried the S.S. FUEL and seemed good enough for a kite that doesn't spill the wind much and has lots of hang time (even if you let the bar out nothing changes) Question .
BUT WHAT ABOUT NAISH? Anyone demo the kites where there is some wind to try the 8.0 and 10.0

registered

Since 12 Jul 2005
1319 Posts
tsunami
Sandbagger

PostSun May 14, 06 5:02 pm     Reply with quote

I will tell you again and again thats no fuel and the rear lines were a bit tight giving little depower . If someone responds I hope you pay attention. geeeeeeeez And a half a second on a turbo isn't much of a try. Did you even touch the board while flying the kite Rolling Eyes ?? Sorry but .....

blowhard

Since 26 Dec 2005
2025 Posts

Windward

PostSun May 14, 06 5:16 pm    if you fly Naish please respond Reply with quote

get offline and fix your boat ,
your new FUEL is a copy of my old NAISH
I'm not looking for more junk
(anybody want to buy my old kites ?)

Mark

Since 20 Jun 2005
3677 Posts
I need my fix because I'm a
Naishaholic

PostSun May 14, 06 5:18 pm     Reply with quote

I am fairly new to the sport but have been on the water 15 times this year alone. I learned on older naish x-3 16, v-4 12, boxer 9. I upgraded to the Torch II 06 kites (14m and 18m) I am very happy with the performance. They depower well and turn on a dime. (compared to my earlier quiver.)

If you want you are more than welcome to take my kites out for a test spin.
Mark

www.naishkites.com

blowhard

Since 26 Dec 2005
2025 Posts

Windward

PostSun May 14, 06 5:25 pm    must get old watching the NAISH geezers whip yer ass Reply with quote

and all your back lines are tight? that's why you can't go in the big wind?
oops NAISH P.O.S. rules the day Again and again and ,,,,,,,,,,,,,remember when you had your RRD's and you could go as opposed to hangin at the truck,besides I know what you think ,,,we totallaly missed today 65 degrees on the beach and blowin 20,,,,, fuuuuuck

blowhard

Since 26 Dec 2005
2025 Posts

Windward

PostSun May 14, 06 5:30 pm    thanks mark Reply with quote

mark,
that's good info thanks I'm thinking the lower aspect for my big kites as well

Inept_Fun

Since 14 Apr 2005
1417 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostSun May 14, 06 8:37 pm     Reply with quote

I dont know about people slingshots being my old naish kites but I do know that the 06 torches rule! They turn on a dime, but also just sit and pull! If you get 06 torches you wont be dissapointed!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
pjc

Since 06 Mar 2005
649 Posts

Addicted

PostMon May 15, 06 11:48 am     Reply with quote

BH - check out ikite wind for friday for florence. you know that sensor reads low and i was on the 9 yahoo for the peak of it no worries and no inverts. pumped it up till i was balanced on the pump but not a problem to fold over and self launch. the bar they sell it with is not so hot - SS bar and Best kites might still be the ideal solution for the budget consciious (and brand indifferent)

oops sorry i guess i didn't answer your original question...

bambam

Since 15 Mar 2005
760 Posts
Hood River
Photographer

PostMon May 15, 06 1:11 pm     Reply with quote

BH...

Naish 06 Torch works great as an all around kite. Riding mine and the 5'5" Kitewave all weekend in Newport out of South Beach... Hmmm, your X4's are about the worst possible kite for coast/wave kiting... They had NO off switch that I could find. But the V4's should work decent, although without a fifth line they wobble like a jellyfish when hit by large gusts. The new Torch II is one of the best kites (even better than the X2's) that Naish has produced so far.

I rode the Shockwaves down in La Ventana, but have not had an opportunity to really try them on a down the line wave. Naish guys I know down in Santa Cruz are swearing by them as a wave kite. So far I have had no complaints with how the Torch II's work in the waves... Have ridden them on both my 24m and 17m lines in the waves. 17's work better on the wave, but can be a bitch on the way out when getting over the white water.

With all that said, I must add the disclaimer that I am Naish-Centric. There are lots of good kites out there, and the Best Waroo is not a bad option for the price. Super user friendly and would work great in the waves. All the kite companies are making kick butt stuff and the new medium aspect ratio C-kites are really getting refined by all manufactures.

Good luck finding some newer rides... Jon

PS: As spring rolls on I will be doing my best to make it to Newport on a regular basis. If we meet, your welcome to demo my kites and I should have a Shockwave or two soon for peeps to try.

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostMon May 15, 06 4:53 pm     Reply with quote

Bam, were you out at South Beach yesterday? Just curious 'cause JP and I got there around 2:00 and saw that most everyone else (a couple Fuels and what looked to be a Naish kite) was playing up by the jetty. But since the water was sooooo smooth/flat, we just stayed around and downwind of the South Beach parking lot.

P.S. - Sorry to get off topic...

bambam

Since 15 Mar 2005
760 Posts
Hood River
Photographer

PostMon May 15, 06 8:38 pm     Reply with quote

Adam,

Nope, we hit it on Friday night and Saturday. Friday night was saweeet with some nice head and half sets, and Saturday was stellar with shoulder to head high. Hit the trail home early on Sunday and scored a couple hours of 12m on the easterlies with the Best guys.

Saw that it came up nicely out there for you guys at about 2:30pm on Sunday... Good to hear that people got to play in it, and here is some eye candy from Saturday night. Friday was definitely much bigger, but I was too busy getting my ride on to come in and take pictures. Even these suck since I spent most of the time riding and was not really set up right to get A+ shots.

Jon

More Van Man... Ripping as usual!
 More Van Man... Ripping as usual!  post01.jpg 
Our favorite Van Man...  Ripping
 Our favorite Van Man... Ripping  post02.jpg 
Brad, being B-Rad with the sunset Indy...  It ain't no thang unless it is properly grabbed!
 Brad, being B-Rad with the sunset Indy... It ain't no thang unless it is properly grabbed!  post03.jpg 

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostMon May 15, 06 9:29 pm     Reply with quote

Ahh cool, cool! Looks like you guys have some awesome weather out there on Friday and Saturday anyways. Could have definately had a little more wind yesterday, but it was still alright. Sweet pics!!!! Thumb's Up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: