Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Lake Flores?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
J-dizzle

Since 25 Apr 2006
34 Posts
kALAMA, WA

PostSat May 13, 06 11:56 am    Lake Flores? Reply with quote

I got up yesterday during my first session and Iam totally stoked about it. I have a three day weekend coming up soon and Iam thinking about heading to Lake Flores, my question is is it a good place to learn and bring the family? It is a 6hr drive frome Longview.........Any info will help!!!!

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostSat May 13, 06 12:33 pm     Reply with quote

Awesome! Where exactly is Lake Flores located? I assume you're not talking about Floras, correct?

J-dizzle

Since 25 Apr 2006
34 Posts
kALAMA, WA

PostSat May 13, 06 12:59 pm    OK!!!!! Reply with quote

Well looks like we have a smart guy! Sory I spelled it wrong its not like the place is well known anyway! If anyone can fill me in on any ifo that would be cool!!!!!!

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostSat May 13, 06 1:01 pm     Reply with quote

DUDE, I was just asking you, so don't start talking shit... Read it carefully, I wasn't trying to come off like a smart ass, and was just double checking because you spelled it that way twice. Do a search on here, you'll find plenty of info...

pjc

Since 06 Mar 2005
649 Posts

Addicted

PostSat May 13, 06 4:11 pm     Reply with quote

ikite has some information on it too. the oregon coast is windy in the summer but it isn't quite as reliable as some other places (like the gorge). with a 6hour drive i would be flexible- if the forecast looks good the day before then go for it. ikite has decent forecast for the coast (add 10 for the south coast) noa has decent forecast too
http://weather.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/fmtbltn.pl?file=forecasts/marine/coastal/pz/pzz350.txt

(add 5-10 for noaa)

will brady at floras is a nice guy and gives lessons.

Scribble

Since 18 Nov 2005
636 Posts
NoPo
Addicted

PostSat May 13, 06 7:20 pm     Reply with quote

I went to Floras Lake last weekend and took lessons from Will. I thought it was spectacular. Lots of lonely beach there with an awesome lake only seperated from the ocean by some dunes. I think it would be a great place to take the kids. The lake is pretty shallow and flat as well so it seemed a lot easier for learning.

dcrowe

Since 11 Oct 2005
265 Posts
hard to say, I was inverted
Obsessed

PostSun May 14, 06 9:19 am     Reply with quote

Floras blows pretty consistantly all summer. I'ts a bit gusty and strong but a great place to learn. That's where a bunch of us have paid our dues. The only problem in the summer is the fog. Hard to forecast for that but it usually burns off in the afternoon. Bring your small kites. Here's the link you need.

http://www.floraslake.com/flw2.htm

sentone

Since 10 Feb 2006
66 Posts

PostSun May 14, 06 10:59 am     Reply with quote

the south rocks and the lake is a all day fun ticket butter on the lee side hope the winds come north ...the kids will love it there the wind is high cus it rolls over the dunes but youll get uste to it. its shallow so twin tip trickery is doable. good fishing in the eves .great camp ground.....if you like waves the whisky run is just up the road world class down winder a 4 wheel drive is best ,,,,, will and liz live there its worth the drive just to hang with them will has the local knowledge and shares freely he wont even check your spelling.....bring you toys and have fun ....dam now i want to go.......... Very Happy Exclamation

J-dizzle

Since 25 Apr 2006
34 Posts
kALAMA, WA

PostSun May 14, 06 2:33 pm    Thanks! Reply with quote

He i just wanted to say thanks to everybody out their who pitched in and gave me some usefull info.

Sol-flyer

Since 21 Mar 2006
1280 Posts
Dude, where's my Bus?
Otto Mann

PostSun May 14, 06 6:47 pm     Reply with quote

whad up all,

lake floras was perfect this last weekend Very Happy 30+ winds on friday, 15-20 on saturday,..not a cloud in the sky!
here's a couple of pics..

IMG_1547.JPG 
   IMG_1528.JPG 
   IMG_1567.JPG 
   IMG_1560.JPG 
   IMG_1557.JPG 

registered

Since 12 Jul 2005
1319 Posts
tsunami
Sandbagger

PostSun May 14, 06 7:53 pm     Reply with quote

Thats always a great sunset from the campground. Glad you had a good time. The lake sure felt warm.

dcrowe

Since 11 Oct 2005
265 Posts
Obsessed

PostSun May 14, 06 9:35 pm     Reply with quote

Is that you going nuclear in those pics Johhny boy! Sounds like you had a great weekend, I built a patio. Thinking about the jetty tomorrow, you or fishr gonna be around?

importracer9 99

Since 27 Oct 2005
296 Posts

Obsessed

PostSun May 14, 06 11:41 pm     Reply with quote

nice

trevorsmith

Since 25 Apr 2005
501 Posts
PDX
Addicted

PostMon May 15, 06 1:20 pm     Reply with quote

Do a site search on Floras, you will have several hits about the place.
It is a good place for kids

dcrowe

Since 11 Oct 2005
265 Posts
Obsessed

PostMon May 15, 06 1:56 pm     Reply with quote

Yeah, I bring my six year old there during the summer and she usually has about five or six kids to run with. Bring a bike or blades for them to goof around with at the camground. Best hot dogs in the world at Langlois and the light house at cape blanco is a great place to bring them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: