Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Dangler in Effigy
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2570 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostWed May 11, 05 8:14 am     Reply with quote

Who is the Dangler? Where did he come from?

He comes from the future, a future ruled by Danglers!
 He comes from the future, a future ruled by Danglers!  The Dangler.JPG 

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostWed May 11, 05 9:56 am     Reply with quote

Slither, you really are obsessed aren't you...

PostWed May 11, 05 10:06 pm     Reply with quote

lets see some pics of the dangler in action Shocked

PostThu May 12, 05 1:00 am     Reply with quote

Slither...
In your photo you look like a hard-core dangler

Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2570 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostThu May 12, 05 8:03 am    Brush with Greatness Reply with quote

I can only aspire to dangle like The Dangler.

Have you guys seen the Chappelle skit where Prince takes Charlie Murphy back to his crib and they play hoops?

Well yesterday I had the honor of having The Dangler catch my kite. The wind was a little sketch on the inside and I had trouble getting my kite into the catchable zone. This was not a problem for The Dangler. As I struggled to get my footing on the slippery rocks, I looked up to see him actually levitate. He grabbed my kite, paused for a moment of mid-air dangling, and then brought my kite safely back down to the grass.
Shocked

You had to be there, I'm not makin this shit up. There were no pancakes though.

PostThu May 12, 05 8:19 am     Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
Slither...
In your photo you look like a hard-core dangler

True, the Slither has been known to ham it up when the lens is rolling but in his defense, he was all alone on the water that day. No gorge chicks were intimidated - only impressed I'm sure!

SuperFly

PostThu May 12, 05 8:45 am     Reply with quote

Also in the Slither's defense... The wind was blowing about as much as a ducks fart on the day his avator shot was taken. He was out just having a good ole time and being his clownish self.

PostThu May 12, 05 11:47 am     Reply with quote

I've known Mark Collins since way back in the days of windsurfing. If you know him, he can be a really nice guy. I've always gotten along great with him. To all other people, his behavior is erratic and reckless at best (on or off the water). When I first met him 8 or 10 years ago he told me that he was a Vietnam Vet. Maybe that's the explanation for his highly unpredictable nature. That kind of experience could mess up even the best of people. Regardless of the explanation, I would recommend using caution if you find yourself downwind of him on the water.

Spencer

NateDogg

Since 05 Mar 2005
627 Posts
I caught your mom on
cineaptic.com

PostThu May 12, 05 11:55 am     Reply with quote

I've talked to him a few times as well...definitely a friendly guy on shore who seems super stoked with life. I can only hope to be that stoked when i'm at that age, sans the reputation on the water of course. I've never really seen his antics, but at stevenson i did see he just got a new conversion van that's big pimpin for sure!! Mark be pickin up all the paddle boat ladies in that ride...

Gorge Redneck

PostThu May 12, 05 7:35 pm    The dangler rules Reply with quote

All you yuppies should leave the dangler alone. At least he has the balls to do what he wants and not get stuck in the constant struggle to attain affluence. He might be a bit of a nuisance and a mediocre kiter, but compared to 99 percent of the people on this post he is the definition of hardcore. Razz

PostFri May 13, 05 9:11 pm     Reply with quote

Dangle is hardcore gay dangling and always staying close to shore dangle jumping all day.

PostSun May 15, 05 9:24 pm     Reply with quote

On the coast the dangler has been frequently spotted landing powered backside 3s and double hp 7s. Shocked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: