Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Slingstock 2009 and BOTG - THIS WEEKEND in Stevenson
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
gorgebob

Since 25 Jun 2007
259 Posts
Portland, OR
Shop Owner

PostSun Jun 21, 09 9:04 pm     Reply with quote

Sounds like a fun multi event . Family fun, wake for the windless time,music and camping.
My first read on it however was a taking over of a community run event into being a slingshot only run event. After hearing grumblings last year I wasn't sure that was a good thing.
Its cool to have a company like Slingshot to take the reins and run with it. Events are tons of work. Those that put them together rarely get the props that they should. I have had fun at the last two and plan to again with the family this time. Is there a body drag division ?
Yes I'll be rocking the 6.5 and the ultra cat, its all fun.

Portland
503-246-6646

unhooked12

Since 09 Jul 2008
29 Posts
Cozumel,Mx

PostFri Jul 03, 09 9:46 am     Reply with quote

Made it back to the gorge! Just to be sure....the event is the 10th and 11th, thats Friday and Sat. We need to pay before 9am on friday at Stevenson? Just want to make sure I am in the right place at the right time! How close is the camp ground and music from the event? Looking forward to riding and hanging out with all of you again! see you soon, Ed Holden

blancoh2o

Since 15 Mar 2005
1153 Posts
Oregon
Phishy

PostFri Jul 03, 09 10:23 am     Reply with quote

Ed,

You don't need to be there at 0900. Noon on Friday the 10th is fine. If it blows earlier, come on out and have fun, we will be there all day getting set up.

The camping, music, wake/slider, food is at the fairgrounds about 10 minute walk from the kite launch.

The schedule is on the bottom of the home page on www.slingstockevent.com

The bands are scheduled, the sliders and winches are getting dialed the first of the week, the food is ready to go, the beer is coming all we need now is WIND!

G.Reed

Since 30 Jul 2006
51 Posts

PostFri Jul 03, 09 10:24 am    reply to holden Reply with quote

You can sign up on-line, in Stevenson after 12:00 on Friday, or Saturday morning if there's still spots open.

The campground, music and wake is about 6 blocks from the kite beach.

blancoh2o

Since 15 Mar 2005
1153 Posts
Oregon
Phishy

PostFri Jul 03, 09 10:28 am     Reply with quote

I forgot to mention, there is a cool little skateboard park there too. Bring your board if you like to skate.

dsmith

Since 19 Apr 2008
23 Posts
Hood River

PostMon Jul 06, 09 10:47 am     Reply with quote

Still some room left to sign-up.....................

Cartoon 1A.jpg 

chanson

Since 31 Jan 2006
1873 Posts
WISCONSIN
Chimey

PostMon Jul 06, 09 11:33 am     Reply with quote

So who's going from here? and who's participating..?

what's the format on the wake rail jam...? winch/ waverunner/ both?

also, I clicked on "what's included with camping" and nothing happen..

want to come out for sure and camp... can we still ride if we aren't competing..?

just some Q's for ya...

Last edited by chanson on Mon Jul 06, 09 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

MasViento

Since 03 Mar 2009
234 Posts
Stoked

PostMon Jul 06, 09 12:19 pm    Wind cooperation ? Reply with quote

Is there an alternate site that we will move to in the gorge if the wind is not cooperating at Stevenson ? Maybe Rufus, Dougs, Rowena ?
- Like Chanson was asking what are the devices at the lake for rail jam. Jet skis , Winches, mules ?? Who can ride them anyone ? or just competitors ?

Just wondering ?

EA

http://juxtapixel.photoshelter.com/gallery-list

G.Reed

Since 30 Jul 2006
51 Posts

PostMon Jul 06, 09 1:47 pm    slingstock Reply with quote

Anyone with cojones who wants to sign the waiver can use the Rock Creek Rail Jam. I figure the amateurs will provide at least as much entertainment as the pros! It will be a winch system utilizing a waverunner in some capacity I'm unsure of.
We're praying for wind as it would be impossible to move the event to another location.
Sorry all of the websight links don't work - camping has bathrooms and a cool place to hang out with the gang from which you don't have to drive anywhere! It's cheap - $15 per vehicle per night.
You can still ride during the contest but please don't ride in the contest area. It is also a bit hectic trying to launch all of the competitors so you will have to be a little patient. We can only do the best with what the site provides.

stringer

Since 31 Jul 2007
694 Posts
Chucktown
Flying Tomato

PostTue Jul 07, 09 3:16 pm     Reply with quote

What's up with the photo/video contest?
You have to pay to register and there's no real prize?
I might be missing something, but why would I want to pay?

blancoh2o

Since 15 Mar 2005
1153 Posts
Oregon
Phishy

PostTue Jul 07, 09 8:16 pm     Reply with quote

Andrew,

Last year we gave away some great prizes for the photo and video contest. I am sure we will have prizes that make it worth your while to enter. The winning photo is also going to be published in Kiteboarding Magazine.

This entire festival is not for profit.....We are giving 100% of the profits to the Sakamania County Parks and Recreation Department and the Stevenson Volunteer Fire Department.
Slingshot has put up a lot of cash to hire bands, pay for faciltities, sound systems, etc. and put in a lot of hours to help us out. The other sponsors have been generous as well.

The funds we raise is much appreciated by the residients that live in the area for their recreation program and fire protection.

The $10 covers the price of the T-shirt that you will receive for your participation. If you have entered the kiteboard competition and the photo/video contest, you do not need to pay the $10 for the photo/video contest and will recieve 1 t-shirt rather than 2 of them.

Thanks

chanson

Since 31 Jan 2006
1873 Posts
WISCONSIN
Chimey

PostWed Jul 08, 09 7:52 am     Reply with quote

Is there any more info on the winching scene at the creek..?

are sliders set up all day/night...?
with the kite launch being overally crowded, might be nice to hit some features on flat h2o...

and how about bringing maybe one of our own features..?

just curious on the haps of the actual wake event...

how about camping... are dogs allowed..?
is there a limit on the camping space available..?

forrest

Since 21 Jun 2005
4329 Posts
Hood River
Hick

CGKA Member

PostWed Jul 08, 09 8:04 am     Reply with quote

Spoken like someone who's never ran any kind of event! Razz

Shut up and pay Boy!

stringer wrote:
What's up with the photo/video contest?
You have to pay to register and there's no real prize?
I might be missing something, but why would I want to pay?

forrest

Since 21 Jun 2005
4329 Posts
Hood River
Hick

CGKA Member

PostWed Jul 08, 09 8:11 am     Reply with quote

Brave Dave and I spent all f'ing day yesterday moving the main section of the BigBox out to the pond. It was interesting doing 30MPH down I84. Today we're moving the two up-ramps and should have it ready to go by tomorrow.

The grinching is going to have two winches with a ski running riders and the handle back. I don't know what the policy is for everyone to ride, but I bet you have a good chance of riding if you bring the Unicorn winch (Gotta clear this with Wade/Mira/Gary Reed). There won't really be any lights for night time winching.

The setup is going to pretty damn cool, and the one thing I'm trying to help Wade from Slingshot get dialed is elevating the grinches up on top of tall vehicles. This will make a huge difference for hitting the features. If you bring the Unicorn winch out, try and think of a way to locate it on the top of your vehicle (Plywood and Straps).

We'll know more about being able to put standing features in the water in the next day or two and I can post more about that then.

chanson wrote:

are sliders set up all day/night...?
with the kite launch being overally crowded, might be nice to hit some features on flat h2o...

and how about bringing maybe one of our own features..?

just curious on the haps of the actual wake event...

how about camping... are dogs allowed..?
is there a limit on the camping space available..?

blancoh2o

Since 15 Mar 2005
1153 Posts
Oregon
Phishy

PostWed Jul 08, 09 8:17 am     Reply with quote

Wade from Slingshot is seting up all the winch stuff. Here is what I do know:
The Big Fun Box from the Slider project is being moved over today as well as some other nice slider/rails. They are going to be runnign two winches at a time to reduce the wait times between pulls. We will post up more information when we can.
are sliders set up all day/night...? I am not sure what times the winches will be running. The more wind we have, the less winch time we will have. less wind= more winching.

and how about bringing maybe one of our own features..? Talk to Wade.

just curious on the haps of the actual wake event... The wake event is a Jam format. It is not a contest. I am sure you guys will be going off and competing for bragging rights though.

how about camping... are dogs allowed..? Yes, dogs are welcome. You do need to keep your dog on a leash and pick up after it.

is there a limit on the camping space available..? We will have planty of space available for tent camping. Spots with power are limited though.

chanson

Since 31 Jan 2006
1873 Posts
WISCONSIN
Chimey

PostWed Jul 08, 09 8:36 am     Reply with quote

SICK!

thx for the response steve and forrest!!

didnt' know the BB was going to be there!

easy decision = this weekend will be one not to miss!

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Cool Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

stringer

Since 31 Jul 2007
694 Posts
Chucktown
Flying Tomato

PostWed Jul 08, 09 9:07 am     Reply with quote

Sweet!
Thanks for the info. I guess I was missing something.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: