Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Slingstock 2009 and BOTG - THIS WEEKEND in Stevenson
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
MIXWELL

Since 10 Mar 2007
496 Posts
LGP COUGAR HUNTING ChEETO SLAYER
Windmixer

PostTue Jun 09, 09 12:44 pm     Reply with quote

In tough times like these we should be doing everything we can to " ENVOKE tha STOKE" Twisted Evil Cool Twisted Evil

I will be tha one MIXEN HARDER THAN YOU Exclamation Wink
This event is going to be dope

pdxmonkeyboy

Since 16 May 2006
6081 Posts
forever labled as the
retired kiter & motorhead Unicorn Master

PostTue Jun 09, 09 1:47 pm     Reply with quote

I think Carol said what I was trying to get across much better. The BOG has always been )in my mind anyways) this very cool, homegrown comp, a chance for the locals to strut their stuff.

It was the name that really symbolized this... So you don't have to act hella surprised that people would be like WTF is slingstock?..Where is the BOG contest? I don't know if you have noticed this or not, but everywhere I look there is a corporate sponsor plastered on something. The ATT stadium, this news bite presented by AIG, blah blah blah.

I think there were several people that were just kind of bummed to see it changed, the BOG was/is a piece of kiteboarding history in the gorge. That's all.

Still stoked on the event, I'm sure it will be a crap load of fun and I'm excited to see what kind of sliders and what not your going to put in the fairgrounds. Strippers would be great, but I'm not so sure I want to see strippers from Stevenson.....

Laughing Laughing Laughing

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostTue Jun 09, 09 2:33 pm     Reply with quote

chanson wrote:
yeah, sounds pretty cool to me..

hey,
any winching or sliders gonna be set up in the flat water by the campground...? or is that where all wake stuff is already going...?

At one point they were going to have one of those sestic system 2.0 parks setup... not sure if that's still the plan.

Oh and if a few want to boycott Slingstock at the fairgrounds and goto the BOG event only I am sure that is cool, either way Slingshot is paying for the event! Be thankful to have a major manufacturer that is willing to throw down $$$$$ to run events in our backyard.

chanson

Since 31 Jan 2006
1873 Posts
WISCONSIN
Chimey

PostTue Jun 09, 09 2:38 pm     Reply with quote

Quote:
At one point they were going to have one of those sestic system 2.0 parks setup... not sure if that's still the plan.

U-N-I-C-O-R-N....? Cool
she is probably in need of a little dusting anyways...

pdxmonkeyboy

Since 16 May 2006
6081 Posts
forever labled as the
retired kiter & motorhead Unicorn Master

PostTue Jun 09, 09 2:50 pm     Reply with quote

shy guy said something to me about toting the unicorn out there a couple months ago but it was all hush hush or something. Not sure what the deal is now. Dude, we have to get our slider from the AIRPORT!!!!

Anyone want to go snorkeling this afternoon? Shit, for that matter, anyone want to go winch this afternoon?

shymac

Since 20 Jul 2005
919 Posts
Home Valley, Wa.
Bigfoot

PostTue Jun 09, 09 3:51 pm     Reply with quote

pkh wrote:
Be thankful to have a major manufacturer that is willing to throw down $$$$$ to run events in our backyard.

Correct, I don't see much support from other brands regarding major events in the Gorge. Its just is a buzz kill when Slingshot and its employees work very hard to make shit happen... I know most of what we hear is bad news but man o man it does getz old after awhile...

lance_k

Since 04 May 2005
561 Posts
Hood River
Photographer

PostTue Jun 09, 09 3:52 pm     Reply with quote

this event is evolving for the better not worse. definitely a good thing for the town of stevenson and the gorge economy in general.

shymac

Since 20 Jul 2005
919 Posts
Home Valley, Wa.
Bigfoot

PostTue Jun 09, 09 3:54 pm     Reply with quote

pdxmonkeyboy wrote:
shy guy said something to me about toting the unicorn out there a couple months ago but it was all hush hush or something. Not sure what the deal is now. Dude, we have to get our slider from the AIRPORT!!!!

Anyone want to go snorkeling this afternoon? Shit, for that matter, anyone want to go winch this afternoon?

I say bring your shit, there tons of room there for riding so I'm pretty sure its would be fine. Hell I would hit up rock creek or wind river to see if there is any good spots to get pulled.

shymac

Since 20 Jul 2005
919 Posts
Home Valley, Wa.
Bigfoot

PostTue Jun 09, 09 3:56 pm     Reply with quote

lance_k wrote:
this event is evolving for the better not worse. definitely a good thing for the town of stevenson and the gorge economy in general.

Hellz ya! Stevenson loves it and the people in town are stoke for it! Trust me I'm a local... HA!

G.Reed

Since 30 Jul 2006
51 Posts

PostMon Jun 15, 09 11:14 am    More info Reply with quote

I wanted to address a few things that really haven't been mentioned on this link.

1. This festival was started in 2000 which makes it the oldest kiteboard competition in the States.
2. It was started by Floyd Wilkes before Renee Hanks took over eventually passing the gavel to Dave, Steve and I
3. It was and always has been about giving back to the community. None of the organizers have made any money off of the festival. This years proceeds are going to the Skamania County Parks and Rec as well as the Stevenson Volunteer Fire Department.
4. We want to keep this festival a grassroots, fun event as it has always been. We do not want to make it the next Gorge Games. We are doing our best to make it the best we can.
5. The name Slingstock is in reference to Woodstock which I had hoped didn't need to be explained. We welcome all the sponsorships and help we can get and are very grateful to Slingshot, Dakine, Providence Hood River, NW Kite and all the others which are helping to make this event.
6. We're looking forward to another great event - as always 'Attitude is Everything'

unhooked12

Since 09 Jul 2008
29 Posts
Cozumel,Mx

PostTue Jun 16, 09 10:44 am     Reply with quote

I have not been able to register on-line. have filled everything out multiple times with the same result......INVALID ACCOUNT # ???
Can I just register in person?
I am over this web site!

blancoh2o

Since 15 Mar 2005
1153 Posts
Oregon
Phishy

PostTue Jun 16, 09 7:38 pm     Reply with quote

Brad,

We are working on developing some new forms and it will be real easy to register. Sit tight for a few days...Thanks for your patients. Thanks for coming all the way from Mexico again.

dangerD

Since 27 Jun 2005
223 Posts
Bingen Heights
Stoked

PostWed Jun 17, 09 6:20 am    Slingstock Reply with quote

The wife and I are planning to drive the love-bus out for the big event, but we've never been parachuting before and frankly are a little scared (welll I am atleast). Is there good place to learn?
Also, Will there be a designated area for nudists?
Peace!
Frank and Fran Wink

Slingstock.jpg 

blancoh2o

Since 15 Mar 2005
1153 Posts
Oregon
Phishy

PostWed Jun 17, 09 8:14 am     Reply with quote

We have made the registration process a lot easier!

Click here: http://spreadsheets.google.com/embeddedform?key=r5JgcHHWoCFKpHYCLInvIbQ

It will only take you 30 seconds.

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostWed Jun 17, 09 8:50 am     Reply with quote

Cool Steve, I am glad Google Docs worked for you Very Happy

blancoh2o

Since 15 Mar 2005
1153 Posts
Oregon
Phishy

PostWed Jun 17, 09 9:57 am     Reply with quote

Thank You for the tip Phil!

hillbillyfunk

Since 02 Jun 2009
36 Posts
Hood River

PostFri Jun 19, 09 10:15 am     Reply with quote

Yeah Shy, this is going to be SICK!! Thanks mucho for helping put this on...and if you need a funk dj for one of the nights, let me know.

Peace and don't eat the brown acid,

Karlos

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: