Since 18 Mar 2005
PDX/ White Salmon
Mrs. Site Lackey
|Fri May 15, 09 7:20 am Board Meeting Minutes - March 2009
|Board Meeting Minutes
Board Meeting Minutes: March 12th, 2009
2nd Wind Shop Hood River, Oregon
Members present: Henry, Garrett, Nicole, Jim, Pepi, Mark, Adam, Steve Fischer, Forrest, Brett,
We have a new PO Box
PO Box 1112
Member discussion: Nate Appel.
Event site update: We were successful in convincing the waterfront recreation committee to approve pumping and drying on the event site during the regular season. May 1st October 1st
This now has to go back to the port commission who will vote on it and then if approved; re-write the usage rights of the event site.
Suggestions by members were made to keep statistics on usage, take pictures and document usage especially when we reach capacity as proof that we need more room. Pumping and leaving kites on the grass is not allowed. We need signage to demark the pumping and drying zone which is the north eastern chunk located north
Hook Update: upon speaking with the army core of engineers, they have decided we must do a biological assessment; there is a minimum of 135 days for them to get back to us with a time frame of when to do the study, ideally, if they have enough staff to do the study. Port is donating $7000 worth of rock to make a walkway and platform out in the water. We should demark a no parking zone where people can lay out their lines and rig up their kites.
Pick a day where members can show up for input for hook improvement.
Rowena update: Jim has been meeting with Janet regarding improvements at Rowena.
Oregon state parks are willing to provide people and equipment for our cleanup / improvement.
Viento update: Pepi has been in contact with Andy Wells who is the Viento Park director. Through Bill Lake, who is part of the CGWA, we are trying to bring them on board for a cleanup day at Viento for both the sailing site and new kiting site. Work would consist of weed removal, other invasive species removal, clearing a big enough to lay lines. In addition to cleaning up the spot at Viento, there is some interest in running a shuttle to do down winders (Wally from IPS).
There is a new guy at the damn, Carl Camberg, who Mark has been in contact with regarding a water drop sometime in April or May to do the Stevenson cleanup. Mark noted that April is a more ideal time for the Army Corps of Engineers. Jim states there is a need for 2 additional water drops, for the Sandbar and Rowena cleanups.
Launch Difficulty codes on signage at each launch.
We have 25 paid members
Get Involved Garrett
Give recognition to outstanding members
Links Local businesses Nicole
Links Weather Brett
Links, Cams Adam
Other ways to promote CGKA:
Chanson can get stickers printed for about .68 cents a sticker.
Do some sort of membership drive after we get the website up and running.
Have a representative from the CGKA write an update; get editorials in as many magazines as possible. Promote our events in as many mags as possible. Maybe include something about joining on our website.
Invite PSkite for an event
What the new rules are for launching at the event site, having a party to celebrate pumping and drying on the event site.
In other news:
It is likely that Maryhill park and Beacon Rock park are going to get shut down due to lack of funding.
Email from Spike, he is not opening up this year. Involved too much with Google, he does not have time to run Spikes. On a side note for BOG, Steve is planning on using Outlaw BBQ for catering
Final topics possibly for next meeting:
Need to talk about signage
Need to start working on the Blowout.
Look into insurance for the blowout.
Possibility of meeting in Portland and/or cascade locks.