Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Not kite related...yet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
tinyE

Since 21 Jan 2006
2004 Posts
not really an
XTreme Poster

PostFri Mar 24, 06 6:16 am    Not kite related...yet Reply with quote

someone suggested I post this here. the only thing kite related about it is it's me...and that I plan on doing a tigger run through the gorge sometime this summer on a kite.

http://www.nwflyin.com/videos/tigger.wmv

ps.. by the end of the video, the suit weighed near 50 pounds Shocked

importracer9 99

Since 27 Oct 2005
296 Posts

Obsessed

PostFri Mar 24, 06 10:36 am     Reply with quote

how hard are hydrofoils, like to do those tricks, seems like it would torque your body a lot?

boredbrain

Since 16 Feb 2006
352 Posts
Hood River
Obsessed

PostFri Mar 24, 06 10:50 am    What about the Surf foil Reply with quote

I saw Laird on a surfboard that had the hydrofoil, that would probably work too.

Rip and Shred

Wyo Kiter

Since 09 Mar 2006
148 Posts
In a VAN, down by the RIVER.
Stoked

PostFri Mar 24, 06 12:26 pm     Reply with quote

you dude is that a tail grab at the end of the vid? Sic!
Helping companys to innovate bricks-and-clicks supply-chains and orchestrate real-time content to deliver customized channels to scale strategic e-services and facilitate global e-markets which will incubate 24/7 niches and seize dot-com channels.

tinyE

Since 21 Jan 2006
2004 Posts
not really an
XTreme Poster

PostFri Mar 24, 06 1:18 pm    foiling Reply with quote

yah...foiling is a little tough at first, but then it gets a little easier. as with kiting, the higher you go, the more time you have to pull stuff out. The swing weight of the aluminum gets out of control if you're not careful with line tension.

I'm thinking of making a stand up board for my foil to kite with...if I do, i'm sure you'll see me out on the river in the deeper spots... pull me over, i'd be glad to let you give it a try.

as for the wreckage... it's not too bad... but i've been rocked plenty. It's not just about how high in the air you are, but also that your moving horizontally at 27mph.

yeah on the tailgrab! it was kind of a joke, as we have 'tailgrabs' in foiling when you grab the board.

there's a couple more vids on the site http://www.nwflyin.com/videos.html, if you're bored and feel like killing some time.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: