Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Rooster is on, for now! Its such a biiitch to predict.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Sasquatch

Since 09 Mar 2005
2062 Posts
PNW
Bigfoot

PostThu Mar 23, 06 9:43 am    Rooster is on, for now! Its such a biiitch to predict. Reply with quote

But what kite to use?

16 mph from the ese.

Well, i got to factor in the following:

Corbett sensor is about 10mph lighter than what is upstream by 2 + miles.

Wind and current are going in the same direction so my appear. wind speed will be less.

Is the tide coming in or going out?

Will i ride out in the channel? typically stronger and more gusty

Is the water high? Yes it is, was out there a few days ago, h20 is up to the stairs.

Weathermen from last night's 11 news were calling for 10 to 30mph from the east, with the winds getting stronger as the day passes. Rains coming late tonight.

Think it's going to be a 8m day. . . around noon'ish.

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostThu Mar 23, 06 3:21 pm     Reply with quote

FINALLY DONE WITH FINALS! But yea, JP and I will be back in town tomorrow. Anyone have any plans for this weekend? Tucker and I were talking about the coast possibly. Weather permitting.

Sasquatch

Since 09 Mar 2005
2062 Posts
PNW
Bigfoot

PostThu Mar 23, 06 4:45 pm     Reply with quote

F-in reverse skunk for me. 8m is my smallest and Slither has 25 to 30 lbs on me. I got to launch and watch WindSlither cautiously shred it up with his very powered 8m for 45min. Not cold at all with the 60 degree temps and full neo-armor.

The volleyball court had great access--water is low enough, one could launch at either set of stairs if they like to play it risky.

Only one other out there, and he was a pole-boarder.

Very steady wind as far and RR goes. The gust where here and there, but they were not crazy like in the fall.

importracer9 99

Since 27 Oct 2005
296 Posts

Obsessed

PostThu Mar 23, 06 11:29 pm     Reply with quote

I want to kite this week, someone brings some wind out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: