Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Maui/Big Island Report & the Adventures of PB
Page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
MW

Since 09 Jan 2006
186 Posts
Hood River, Oregon
Stoked

PostSat Mar 18, 06 11:02 am    Maui info Reply with quote

Hey Dano,

Sorry about the lost cell phone call. Service is sometimes unreliable. Back in Lahaina from Hana, so I should be hitting kite beach today or tomorrow if ikitesurf.com is anywhere close to being correct. Saw another shark while surfing at Puamana, about 50 yards from the lineup. Just keep the feet on the board when they pass by. The guys at KSM just put up a camera to check visual conditions at kite beach. The link is:

www.kitebeachcam.com

I'll try calling you later to see if riding is on or not. Some guys said Kihei might be on if it stays ESE. Or better yet, if we get any Kona's, we can kite the Embassy area. Keep in touch and we'll see what area is best.

Onad

Since 04 Mar 2005
1435 Posts
Coast<<PDX>>Gorge
XTreme Poster

PostSat Mar 18, 06 3:26 pm     Reply with quote

Yo MW, thanks for the call yesterday.

I’m on the big island now with Tonski. She flew in from PDX yesterday & I flew over from OGG. Looks like I left Maui just as the winds picked back up... Crying or Very sad

We’re checking out Keahole Point & A-Bay with our fingers crossed, but this weather system hanging around isn’t looking too promising for solid wind. Not a big deal though as we have three scuba dives booked & we’re going sea kayaking tomorrow and to the volcano as the lava is flowing. Have fun kiting on the West side.

See ya back in in PDX. ~Dano Cool

Onad

Since 04 Mar 2005
1435 Posts
Coast<<PDX>>Gorge
XTreme Poster

PostSat Mar 18, 06 3:58 pm     Reply with quote

So, PB got a bit loaded and cocky stating that there was no way in hell that G-Man could connect with that bamboo staff in a single pitch, so off he went. Guess G-Man has a better eye than PB thought as the first pitch sent his head out in the water & his body into the brush. We thought about roasting him for dinner right-then & there but, after a quick head reattachment we were on our way to the next adventure.

Stay tuned as PB goes snorkeling on the Big Island & the SCUBA. ~D Cool

scooter wrote:
what did the purple bear do to deserve such abuse?

pkh wrote:
Nice ones gman, did PB survive or was he roasted for dinner?

Naish world headquarters in Haiku.
 Naish world headquarters in Haiku.  Naish.JPG 

MW

Since 09 Jan 2006
186 Posts
Hood River, Oregon
Stoked

PostSat Mar 18, 06 6:13 pm     Reply with quote

No problem Dano. Sounds like you're on the Big Island for the rest of your sabbatical. We're here until the 28th, and apparently the trades should pick back up tomorrow. Kited at Shitty's on the west side today, which was cool with pretty good waves, but a very narrow window to kite in, so it was good there was only a few of us out there. Kited by another shark about 15 ft away. He popped up to the surface, which was weird. Just made sure I stayed away from that spot for the rest of the session. My buddy's dad got some great video footage offshore, so I'll post that as soon as I get it. Heading to Kihei tomorrow if the winds do what they're supposed to do. It will be cool to have some more freestyle flat water.

tonski

Since 11 Jun 2005
332 Posts
NW Portland
Obsessed

PostSun Mar 19, 06 9:15 am    Adventures of PB on the Big Island Reply with quote

To compensate for poor treatment at Twin Falls, Purple Bear goes gourmet and gets red carpet treatment at the Four Seasons resort near Kona. Very Happy

PB at Four Seasons
 PB at Four Seasons  PB.4.seasons.JPG 

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostSun Mar 19, 06 10:38 am     Reply with quote

Good to see PB survived! Looks like a tasty dinner, is that Ahi?

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostSun Mar 19, 06 11:18 am     Reply with quote

I hope PB got dipped in a bottle of hand sanitizer before touching that fork! Wink

Onad

Since 04 Mar 2005
1435 Posts
Coast<<PDX>>Gorge
XTreme Poster

PostTue Mar 21, 06 8:45 am     Reply with quote

Didn’t have any hand sanitizer, but considering the health hazard you pointed out K23 we took PB on a two tank SCUBA dive trip to clean him up. Wink
Sorry no kite pictures, the wind has been light & variable. Hoping for better wind today after our torpedeo tour dive. ~D&T Cool

Arrow Video of PB on a gas powered fur dryer!

PS Yes pkh, that was Ahi & MahiMahi... Thumb's Up

PB gets the gas powered hair dry treatment...
 PB gets the gas powered hair dry treatment...  pb.air.dry.JPG 
   pb.no.mask.JPG 
   veiw from lava tube.JPG 
   school.JPG 
   d.body.board.JPG 
   pb blowing bubbles.JPG 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: