Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Sand Bar Yesterday

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Rollo Tomasi

Since 17 Mar 2005
983 Posts

Attractive

PostMon Apr 25, 05 8:04 am    Sand Bar Yesterday Reply with quote

Well it turned out pretty nice at HR yesterday. Saw Phil, Trevor, Colby out there. ...3 kites on the water when I went out at 3pm and one crazy guy still kiting in the rain with stormy cond when I left the pk lot at 7:30.

Pretty decent conditions actually for the gorge. started on 16 and mostly used the 12 after that. Very Happy

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostMon Apr 25, 05 10:49 am     Reply with quote

Yeah I think it was a pleasant surprise after the rain of Saturday and the glassy conditions of Sunday morning.

colbysotero

PostMon Apr 25, 05 1:36 pm    sandbar Reply with quote

Too much fun yesterday!....maybe the largest turnout this year with 25+ kiters in the water at any one time.... can't imagine how crowded the sandbar will be when summertime arrives, that and Sauvies.

Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2570 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostMon Apr 25, 05 2:55 pm     Reply with quote

Argh, I was done at the swap at 11 and waited for about an hour but it was still glass so I left. I checked the gorge cams later and it still looked glassy on the swell cam so I thought I made the right call.

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostMon Apr 25, 05 3:04 pm     Reply with quote

Must be wind karma for getting out on Friday while all of us hard workers were stuck in our cubes. Wink

NateDogg

Since 05 Mar 2005
627 Posts
I caught your mom on
cineaptic.com

PostMon Apr 25, 05 6:58 pm     Reply with quote

Haha yea for sure. You take some, you lose some!! Man I can't wait! Three finals on thursday and I'm done...i can almost see the light...and the wind

Hey Phillip i think i saw your new SS bar in the back at ASI. I volunteered on sunday and it was chillin in the back room if you haven't picked it up yet...sorry to hear about the old bar. I hate that feeling right after you leave something at a spot and realize its probably too late. I did that with an old wind meter down in san diego...some kid probably has a pretty expensive 'broken fan' now...

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostMon Apr 25, 05 7:17 pm     Reply with quote

I am sure some fisherman has made a toy of it... Confused

My new bar is sweet though, 17inch rigged up with some 23m Windwing lines. Going from the 20inch to 17inch and 24m lines to 23m lines, had to change a couple things so I at least I could tell myself I was getting something new.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: