Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Scappoose just hit 10...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostFri Apr 22, 05 11:21 am    Scappoose just hit 10... Reply with quote

So why are you still working?

http://nwwind.net/wind.php?region=8

NateDogg

Since 05 Mar 2005
627 Posts
I caught your mom on
cineaptic.com

PostFri Apr 22, 05 11:29 am     Reply with quote

Noooooo!! Summer is teasing me! Still working because I have an accounting test in 1 hour, practice at 3 and a track meet at U of O tomorrow. Only six days, 4 finals and a load of studying and I'm there....gotta focus....six days......

This is not gonna be easy...especially when i finally make it and the wind shuts down. Typical....Evil or Very Mad

Nate

ECmike

Since 29 Mar 2005
23 Posts
Beaverton, OR

PostFri Apr 22, 05 12:35 pm     Reply with quote

Six more days and the summer is all yours! Good luck with schoold man, those are your priorities!!!!

ECmike

Since 29 Mar 2005
23 Posts
Beaverton, OR

PostFri Apr 22, 05 12:49 pm     Reply with quote

If anyone rides at Sauvies today (which I'm guessing there will be), let us know how the fishermen situation has gotten. I'd like to think that it has gotten pretty mellow now that the season has ended.

Kite_Steve

Since 19 Mar 2005
6 Posts
Seattle/North Bend
Kook

PostFri Apr 22, 05 1:22 pm     Reply with quote

NateDogg wrote:
Noooooo!! Summer is teasing me! Still working because I have an accounting test in 1 hour, practice at 3 and a track meet at U of O tomorrow. Only six days, 4 finals and a load of studying and I'm there....gotta focus....six days......

This is not gonna be easy...especially when i finally make it and the wind shuts down. Typical....Evil or Very Mad

Nate

NateDogg -
What event(s) do you run/jump at U of O? I was a pole vaulter for the University of Michigan and now coach track up in the Seattle area. Just wondering.

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostFri Apr 22, 05 1:33 pm     Reply with quote

I guess reports from the beach is its pretty much straight onshore and gusty ... so I guess those of us who have to work shouldn't feel too bad.

I am sure guys are out riding easterlies at the Airport or Rooster though...

PostFri Apr 22, 05 4:17 pm     Reply with quote

Rooster was the place to be today. 10-12M kites and about 70, can't ask for more than that. There were only about 8 folks out there today for some reason.

looks like ya missed it.

NateDogg

Since 05 Mar 2005
627 Posts
I caught your mom on
cineaptic.com

PostFri Apr 22, 05 4:51 pm     Reply with quote

Quote:
NateDogg -
What event(s) do you run/jump at U of O? I was a pole vaulter for the University of Michigan and now coach track up in the Seattle area. Just wondering.

Nice...I've always wanted to be a pole vaulter. Just seems like it'd be a lot of fun dropping into that mat every day...

I actually run for the University of Portland, our meet is just down at Oregon this weekend. I do XC in the fall, and the 800, 1500/mile on the track. I'm more of a speed guy who bumped up to XC in the fall, so the mile is just about perfect for me right now. I have been known to do a steeple chase or a 5000 every once in awhile too, but this weekend i'll just have to settle for a fast 1500...hopefully.

Anyways, back on topic, after practice i thought i'd drive out to sauvies to just BS and watch some riding and it was pretty amazing watching the conditions change on my way out. I left St. Johns and it was clear, got to the bridge and caught some pretty big thunder heads forming, got to the beach to just catch a few guys packing up and leaving a dwindling E wind, and then as i was leaving the sky pretty much went from blue to white to black. This all in about a 30-40 minute period. I knew there were T-storm advisories, but damn, that was quick!

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostFri Apr 22, 05 6:08 pm     Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Rooster was the place to be today. 10-12M kites and about 70, can't ask for more than that. There were only about 8 folks out there today for some reason.

Maybe because we had to work?! Confused

Anonymous wrote:
looks like ya missed it.

Ain't that the truth...

KiteKarl

Since 02 Mar 2005
213 Posts
Stockton, California
Stoked

PostFri Apr 22, 05 11:49 pm     Reply with quote

That was me packing my 21 up. On days with shitty wind like this I miss the days that I used to pole vault in high school. My nickname was crash because I broke so many poles and crossbars. Some things never change.

mikes

Since 13 Mar 2005
90 Posts
B'Ham

PostSat Apr 23, 05 11:43 am    Re: Scappoose just hit 10... Reply with quote

How's my page working for you guys? The scheduled jobs broke last weekend and it took a couple days for the hosting company to fix it, I felt friggin naked without them. I want to add a simple pressure differences table (among other things) but I've been too lazy

pkh wrote:
So why are you still working?

http://nwwind.net/wind.php?region=8

Hope you guys have been getting some N'ly action, the NW's have been good up here along Chuckanut this week, felt like the middle of summer yesterday, 4+ hours of lit 16m -> comfy 12m

Mike S

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostSun Apr 24, 05 7:53 am     Reply with quote

Mike -
Its working great, I the sleek interface, just my style. I was thinking, how hard would it be to grab the Scappoose fire station data? Its updated more frequently than the airport, every 15 minutes I think:

http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KORSCAPP1

or comma delimited:

http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KORSCAPP1&format=1

We got a few great notherly days at Sauvies last week, I think Tuesday was the best, totally lit on a 12m.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: