Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Is it called Roosevelt?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Sasquatch

Since 09 Mar 2005
2053 Posts
PNW
Bigfoot

PostMon Apr 04, 05 9:05 am    Is it called Roosevelt? Reply with quote

Q: What is the launch/river access/beach called up river on the wash. side about parallel w/ Arlington? What is the launch there like? Can a solo/self launch from land be done? Other conditions there? Looks sweat from footage Concept of Motion DVD, but only showed h20 footage.

Is it anything like Rurfus? Ground, current, downwind potential and outs, residents (short and long term)? By the way, Rurfus rocks!!!

Question

blancoh2o

Since 15 Mar 2005
1153 Posts
Oregon
Phishy

PostMon Apr 04, 05 11:24 am     Reply with quote

Yes, that is Roosevelt. It is a nice park like setting. Nice launch and landing places.
Bring your own food, water and whatever else you need. There was only one resturant there last year. I didn't see anyplace to get groceries.
The town is pretty quiet and the locals are friendly if you happen upon any.
The only drawback there, is a jetty sticks out right in the center of the park. The good launch is just West of the jetty. If you get on the water quick and get into the straps a ride out there is no problem. If you fool around at all, you will get too close to the jetty for comfort. You can launch East of the jetty but the wind is very light at water level due to the jetty causing a wind shadow. The good part about the jetty is you can selfland right behind it and be safe.
I don't remember how much current was there when I was there last Spring. I am pretty sure that it is a West wind place only.
Others please chime in if you can add anything constructive to my description.

https://kb4c.rallyup.com/kb4c/286ef9/Member

PostMon Apr 04, 05 1:41 pm     Reply with quote

There is no place to self launch with your kite on land, but you can do a drift launch on the downwind side of the jetty. The water is only about 3-4 feet deep and you can stand up while try to do a drift launch so it's not bad.

Most people launch above the jetty and someday you will read about someone getting killed there because they were drug into the rocks. I launch on the downwind side of the jetty 90% of the time (10% if the wind is very light you must launch about the jetty) it might be a litter bit tricky, but is much safer!

See ya out there.

Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2570 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostWed Apr 06, 05 3:52 pm     Reply with quote

The Roosevelt mythos is a LIE!

Just like Sasquatch and the Easter bunny!

LET THE DREAM DIE!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: