Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

San Francisco Sailors need your support.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Godlike

Since 25 Sep 2008
111 Posts

Stoked

PostWed Feb 09, 22 6:00 am    San Francisco Sailors need your support. Reply with quote

All, we could use your help spreading the word about the city's proposed toll of $10 to access TI--that will be $17 + parking for east bay visitors. The proposal is essentially illegal, but the city doesn't seem to care and is moving forward with frightening speed. Please encourage your base/network to write the city (particularly if they live in the city) to express strong opposition to the proposal. This is not about tolls--there is, actually, an argument that a toll that specifically targets commuters during peak hours between TI and SF is reasonable--this is about the way the city has expanded the toll to include all visitors at all times from all directions without doing any of the economic impact analysis and permit revisions required to make such a massive and consequential change.

San Francisco Board Sailing Association letter

https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:aa910d84-7850-402e-8789-748b48ec91ff

Chang.org petition

https://www.change.org/p/vote-no-to-toll-for-treasure-island-admittance

list of relevant city officials who need to hear from us:

ChanStaff@sfgov.org
MandelmanStaff@sfgov.org
MelgarStaff@sfgov.org
Dean.Preston@sfgov.org
Ahsha.Safai@sfgov.org
Shamann.Walton@sfgov.org
Catherine.Stefani@sfgov.org
Hillary.Ronen@sfgov.org
Aaron.Peskin@sfgov.org
Gordon.Mar@sfgov.org
Matt.Haney@sfgov.org
mayorlondonbreed@sfgov.org
clerk@sfcta.org
city.administrator@sfgov.org
cityattorney@sfcityatty.org
Bob.Beck@sfgov.org

shred_da_gorge

Since 12 Nov 2008
1251 Posts
Local, not Low Cal
XTreme Poster

PostWed Feb 09, 22 5:40 pm     Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing this! I stopped logging into BAK cuz it seems everyone migrated to Faceplant, er, Meta.
IIRC it was an epic battle just to get access in the first place!

Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2570 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostMon Feb 14, 22 8:49 am     Reply with quote

Signed

Thumb's Up

beech

Since 21 Aug 2010
482 Posts
Longview, WA
Obsessed

PostTue Feb 15, 22 10:02 am     Reply with quote

I know this is important to the niche group of wind junkies in the bay area but it seems like small potatoes compared to things like Prop 47 that passed down there. Theft under $950 is effectively de-criminalized? How are things going in the city, in general? Doesn't seem like the city govmnt is at all concerned with pulling a little more out of the pockets of middle to upper-class recreationists.

How about a petition to make crime criminal again?

(crossing my fingers that Oregon access stays "free")

good luck

Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2570 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostThu Feb 17, 22 7:36 am     Reply with quote

beech wrote:
I know this is important to the niche group of wind junkies in the bay area but it seems like small potatoes compared to things like Prop 47 that passed down there. Theft under $950 is effectively de-criminalized? How are things going in the city, in general? Doesn't seem like the city govmnt is at all concerned with pulling a little more out of the pockets of middle to upper-class recreationists.

How about a petition to make crime criminal again?

(crossing my fingers that Oregon access stays "free")

good luck

SF voters just booted their absurd school board so hopefully things are moving in the right direction and the fever spreads north!

beech

Since 21 Aug 2010
482 Posts
Longview, WA
Obsessed

PostThu Feb 17, 22 11:43 am     Reply with quote

It's hard to determine what is just media sensationalism around the state of SF. If it's anything like the vibe in downtown portland now vs what it was 10 years ago it wouldn't surprise me.

I'm guessing it's similar to pdx/ seattle etc. Try to avoid the trouble spots, get outdoors and play as much as possible etc etc.

Not intended to hijack the thread (but this will keep the topic higher on the page Smile

user124

Since 02 Aug 2012
390 Posts
Portland
Obsessed

PostThu Feb 17, 22 12:22 pm    San Fran Reply with quote

I was there recently. Financial district and especially Tenderloin is like a war zone. SF has on average at least one OD daily. Difficult problems to solve with homelessness, mental illness and drug use. But I agree that it won't help to stop enforcing basic laws.

And yes, keep access to windy spots free!

Godlike

Since 25 Sep 2008
111 Posts

Stoked

PostSat Feb 19, 22 6:02 am     Reply with quote

https://sfbayview.com/2022/02/gentrifying-treasure-island-takes-a-toll/

https://sfbayview.com/2022/02/a-community-in-the-crosshairs-supervisors-move-to-instate-a-toll-that-will-hurt-our-income-families-and-friends/

Godlike

Since 25 Sep 2008
111 Posts

Stoked

PostSat Feb 19, 22 6:03 am     Reply with quote

The Treasure Island toll policy will be decided upon at a Special Joint San Francisco County Transportation Authority Board, Treasure Island Mobility Management Agency Board and San Francisco Board of Supervisors virtual meeting Tuesday, March 8 at 9:00 am. The announcement of the meeting can be found on the City’s website at:
https://www.sfcta.org/events
The meeting’s agenda, instructions on how to log onto the video of the meeting live and how to call into the meeting for public comment as well as the supporting documents, will be available under the “More information” tab, but not until 72 hours before the meeting, that is Saturday, March 5 at 9:00 am.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: