Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Kiteboarding makes front page of small town newspaper

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
gemelo-pescado

Since 01 Sep 2020
54 Posts
Stevenson

PostThu Sep 10, 20 12:20 pm    Kiteboarding makes front page of small town newspaper Reply with quote

A friend of mine who lives in Ontonagon, Michigan sent me this from the front page of the Ontonagon Herald. Ontonagon is a beautiful place, but very remote… so I’m pretty sure the residents rarely see such an activity. The caption is great…

In case you can’t read from the photo:

[i]“This kiteboarder was seen enjoying some whitecaps near the East Pier at the mouth of the Ontonagon River on Saturday, August 29. In the sport of kiteboarding, the board is attached to your feet, like a snowboard. A sail (similar to a parachute) is attached to your body with a harness. When kiteboarding the wind can lift you many feet into the air. “Kiteboarding” and “Kitesurfing” are different names for the same sport. “Kiteboarding” is more widely used in the U.S. and the term “kitesurfing” is used commonly used outside the U.S. They both describe using a kite to pull you along on a board.”[/i]

news-clipping.jpg 

west

Since 09 Oct 2008
136 Posts
Lake Michigan
Stoked

PostThu Sep 10, 20 11:50 pm     Reply with quote

What a description...I’ve kited on Superior before but never Ontonagon, been on my radar for years. There are several kiters that kite there on westerlies. The fronts that blow across Gitche Gumee quite a sight, just got to find a jetty to help tame the madness!

Joshiebaby

Since 14 Oct 2007
569 Posts
Vancouver, WA
Addicted

PostFri Sep 11, 20 1:54 am     Reply with quote

This is gold. Thanks for sharing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: