Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Possible Covid outbreak HRC Boys sports teams

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
eric

Since 13 Jan 2006
1803 Posts

XTreme Poster

PostSat Jul 18, 20 9:58 pm    Possible Covid outbreak HRC Boys sports teams Reply with quote

ES party over folks. Please mask up until you are walking into the water, or launching. If you have a mask stuff it in your suit and put it back on when landing. I did that today and it works well enough. If you’re waiting for a bandana get one sooner than later.

I’d suggest if you’re reading this lead by example vs getting in peoples’ grill. If enough of us cover up those who don’t will feel uncomfortable and do the same. Sure, a few won’t.

Another thing locals can do is limit the beach broh brah. Get your session, thumbs up to your buddies when asked about your session and get a move on.

This just came in from HRCHD:

https://5ac44646-2cb2-4433-aba3-9e3318bcf882.filesusr.com/ugd/ca2f63_d1e7832e298945ff9ae8c955d37f0612.pdf

chrissmack

Since 08 Jun 2005
515 Posts
portland
Addicted

PostSun Jul 19, 20 6:55 am    Re: Possible Covid outbreak HRC Boys sports teams Reply with quote

eric wrote:

I’d suggest if you’re reading this lead by example vs getting in peoples’ grill. If enough of us cover up those who don’t will feel uncomfortable and do the same. Sure, a few won’t.

agreed. that seems to be how it went down in grocery stores early on. when it was a small minority of people wearing masks, the non-mask wearing folks seemed pretty sassy. now that the majority of people are wearing masks, it seems a non-issue

sfbomber

Since 27 Jun 2012
112 Posts

Stoked

PostMon Jul 20, 20 7:55 am     Reply with quote

I have been wearing my mask to the water. With my mask, I have trouble breathing with the mask once it gets wet. I stuff a ziplock bag in my wetsuit, for mask storage, so I can wear my mask back to the car. On the chillier days, I position my Promotion EXO hood to cover my nose/mouth, when walking back to the car.
Last edited by sfbomber on Mon Jul 20, 20 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total

StevieNix

Since 19 Sep 2015
20 Posts
Hood River

PostMon Jul 20, 20 8:14 am     Reply with quote

Yea, it's not hard, if my kite's not in the air I'm wearing a mask. This weekend was nuts down there, keeping 6' of distance is completely impossible. I'd say enjoy it while you can folks.

eric

Since 13 Jan 2006
1803 Posts

XTreme Poster

PostMon Jul 20, 20 8:51 am     Reply with quote

It’s not impossible at all. Just keep moving. We can really do this. Lead by example.

wannabekiter

Since 14 May 2015
269 Posts
Hood river
Obsessed

PostMon Jul 20, 20 10:19 am    Event site Reply with quote

The 2% who care can not change the 98% who don't. Good LUCK

Jonpnw

Since 22 Jul 2010
1322 Posts
Pacific Northwest
XTreme Poster

PostMon Jul 20, 20 10:24 am    SOL SHAKA Reply with quote

Made locally here in the Gorge . Protect your melon and help stop the spread of Covid.

https://solshaka.com/?fbclid=IwAR04x23DRyLNBAZy3H2H4wMz4enDuTrXH_vlonAOc5ZFvq-sE0ulKHFoBHU

Join the Columbia Gorge Water Sports Association. http://gorgewindsurfing.org/

eric

Since 13 Jan 2006
1803 Posts

XTreme Poster

PostMon Jul 20, 20 11:00 am     Reply with quote

Just reached out to the young local ripper crew. They are all committing to wearing masks. Change happens. It starts small and spreads. Be the change.

Eric

PS just walked out of Home Depot in TD. Did not see a single maskless person. Not one. 100% compliance

Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2570 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostMon Jul 20, 20 11:34 am     Reply with quote

I've been saving a ton on sun block! Thumb's Up

Also nice for cutting the odor when visiting those public portos!

Thumb's Up Thumb's Up Thumb's Up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: