Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

15m Core Free Kite + Fone 45cm Linx Bar ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
edcinfg

Since 17 Aug 2015
34 Posts
United States

PostFri Aug 07, 20 11:04 am    15m Core Free Kite + Fone 45cm Linx Bar ? Reply with quote

All

I was hoping to gain from the collective knowledge base of this forum to find out if the above union would work ? Is a 45 cm Bar large enough to handle a 15 m Kite. I added pigtails to make the knots /loops configuration work. Anything else I need to know before I launch? Thanks in advance and keep the stoke high !

edcinfg

Since 17 Aug 2015
34 Posts
United States

PostSun Aug 09, 20 10:54 pm     Reply with quote

Bumper.... not a humper

windpig

Since 28 Aug 2008
260 Posts

Obsessed

PostMon Aug 10, 20 10:31 am     Reply with quote

It'll work but it will probably be pretty slow. Not like a 15 is gonna be lightning fast with a 50cm bar either so... Give it a go.

Sasquatch

Since 09 Mar 2005
2053 Posts
PNW
Bigfoot

PostTue Aug 11, 20 7:57 am    Re: 15m Core Free Kite + Fone 45cm Linx Bar ? Reply with quote

edcinfg wrote:
All

I was hoping to gain from the collective knowledge base of this forum to find out if the above union would work ? Is a 45 cm Bar large enough to handle a 15 m Kite. I added pigtails to make the knots /loops configuration work. Anything else I need to know before I launch? Thanks in advance and keep the stoke high !

As long as you addressed the pigtail connection it should work.

Realize (as stated above) this will be slower than using the optimal 50cm bar as you will have less leverage to steer/turn the outter lines/kite.

If you're in super light winds and have to sign/turn the kite a bunch to make it fly and generate power this might cause tendinitis in your elbows. I got it once using a similar setup.

ZMar

Since 13 May 2018
24 Posts

PostTue Aug 11, 20 1:50 pm     Reply with quote

Like people have said, with pigtails it’ll work but turn slow. You’ll also want to make sure the bar is in the high v configuration.

macgruber

Since 06 Dec 2011
490 Posts
SE PDX volcano
Obsessed

PostTue Aug 11, 20 9:38 pm     Reply with quote

It will work but don’t be afraid to pull the top of the float to make it turn faster. All the kites I’ve used over 12m have needed this technique unless well powered

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: