Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Original Naish Shop In Kailua Closing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4199 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostSun Mar 29, 20 7:36 pm    Original Naish Shop In Kailua Closing. Reply with quote

From a post on Facebook. 😪

Quote:
Our shop with doors closed due to lockdown.
However,
It’s with a heavy heart I have to say that the shop that myself and my family have called home since 1979,
Will be closing it’s doors for good.
The decline of windsurfing, discount retailers, and greedy landlords have made it impossible for us to remain open. $10,000 a month to rent a broken down building in Kailua is too much.
It sucks!
The town I call home, if you’ve been here in the 70-80’s is now unrecognizable.
What am I going to do? Re-invent myself?
Maybe we did stay too long at the party.
If anyone knows a lawyer who’d like to help me screw our greedy landlord, get in touch with me!🤣
Everything in stock is priced to sell.
Aloha everyone
And mahalo to those who have supported us over the years
Big aloha
Randy.

FB_IMG_1585539319350.jpg 

pollywog

Since 07 Aug 2009
289 Posts

Obsessed

PostSun Mar 29, 20 8:49 pm     Reply with quote

That’s a damn shame! I went there on my first trip to Hawaii. The small business service industry is going to suffer badly during this crisis. Many are just one more problem away from closing. I fear these guys are the beginning of the end.

Ain’t cheap Chinese stuff great.... ugh...

Anthony

Since 07 Oct 2008
362 Posts
Salem
Obsessed

CGKA Member

PostMon Mar 30, 20 7:34 am     Reply with quote

That is a shame. I meet the Nash Family at the store, nice people. Hood River is also challenged for shops. Not much left from the old days. High End town now.

Moondog1

PostThu Apr 02, 20 5:49 am     Reply with quote

Yes,I agree,no good shops left in Hood River except Windance...the other 2 shops are overpriced and sell shit gear.

moondog

Since 15 Aug 2007
697 Posts
white salmon
Addicted

CGKA Member

PostThu Apr 02, 20 7:30 am     Reply with quote

Please don't confuse me with the KOOK above!

sleestack

Since 07 Dec 2006
181 Posts
Land of the Lost
Stoked

PostThu Apr 02, 20 8:47 am    Grumpy this morning aren't we MD1 Reply with quote

[quote="Moondog1"]Yes,I agree,no good shops left in Hood River except Windance...the other 2 shops are overpriced and sell shit gear.[/quote]

Dude, why couldn't you phase it like this?

"There are three shops in HR. I prefer Windance over the other two for various reasons."

At least there are 2 other shops other than Windance aka healthy competition, which promotes a better product for the consumer. One shop = monopoly which = high prices and crappy customer service.

I'm hoping there still will be 3 shops left after all this C-19 storm blows over (whenever that will be).

Pepi

Since 16 Jun 2006
1831 Posts
Pure Stoke Sports
Shop Owner

CGKA Member

PostThu Apr 02, 20 9:57 am     Reply with quote

moondog wrote:
Please don't confuse me with the KOOK above!

Nothing to worry about Mooney.
Everyone knows you are the nicest dude on the water and the great savior of the White Salmon Launch and parking lot while it was still useable.

Hope you are doing well and staying safe during this challenging time.

www.Purestokesports.com

ldhr

Since 21 Jul 2009
1470 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostThu Apr 02, 20 10:34 am     Reply with quote

Moondog1 wrote:
Yes,I agree,no good shops left in Hood River except Windance...the other 2 shops are overpriced and sell shit gear.

Moondog1 is a troll and should be ignored - but this is so wrong I had to respond.

Hood River has 3 GREAT shops which do their best to provide high quality gear at the best price they can.

All 3 shops have owners and employees who give back to the community volunteering hundreds of hours and $$ to support local access, kids programs, and local kiters.

They stand by their products and all 3 have 100% exemplary reputations.

Anthony

Since 07 Oct 2008
362 Posts
Salem
Obsessed

CGKA Member

PostThu Apr 02, 20 11:01 am     Reply with quote

I would never say there are no good shops in HR. I have bought from a 3-4 shops in HR. It is just there are times for many sports were the options are limited.

BeatrixKiddo

Since 21 Feb 2012
18 Posts
Washington Side

PostThu Apr 02, 20 11:16 am     Reply with quote

Let's face it.....all retail is rough but now it seems almost impossible. This "new normal" we are living is going to make a forever impression on business moving forward. HR is blessed to have so many incredible retail options. Unfortunately, if you do not own your land you'll need to pivot or punt soon because school closures will go to September.

However, let's get back on topic for the latest addition of Facebook fools. Randy Naish's pearls of wisdom are why he is the red-headed poster child for nepotism in business....but wtf do you do when blood is thicker than water and you're name is Robby from La Jolla?

The announcement is 3 years past due and it brings an end to the 40 year question at the company "what the fuck do we do with Randy?" "I don't know...have him run the shop?" "He sleeps in the back all day?" "Fine, better off in back than in front."

Robby, Don Montague, Pete Cabrinha, Dan Kaseler and Andy Church. Any of those names sound familiar? They built Naish and anybody that doesn't own their building after 40+ years of renting only has the mirror he uses to cut the coke to reflect upon.

Randy = "greedy landlords he'd like to screw". Nope, actually just people that realize when you price the main problem out of the market...the problem goes away.

Randy = "maybe we did stay too long at the party." You partied too long Randy. Everybody else was working and COVID is sucking cash reserves quicker than Robby's divorce...and she sucks a mean game so guess who has to go?

Randy = "What am I going to do? Re-invent myself? Yes dip shit....you have reaped the benefit of global sales and evolving water sports every 5-10 years (windsurfing, wakeboarding, kiting, SUP, Foiling and now Wings. Next will be e-everything.) What other outdoor business has that luck to re-invent like that?

Here's a quick snapshop of God's cruel humor when handing out DNA.
https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1774532355957210

flipper

Since 17 Oct 2011
320 Posts

Obsessed

PostThu Apr 02, 20 3:02 pm     Reply with quote

BeatrixKiddo<<--- Channeling Robby's X

Thanks for the funny FB post! I remember him; maybe he needs to come live in Lyle.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: