Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

LP Foils status

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
oliver19

Since 25 Jun 2019
77 Posts

PostSun Sep 29, 19 12:37 am    LP Foils status Reply with quote

It seems LP was one of the early companies to make all carbon foils and had a reputation for solid work. Anyone know what they are up to these days? Their website is not very revealing.

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4199 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostSun Sep 29, 19 6:21 am     Reply with quote

LP's new stuff is significantly stronger and more stable than his earlier work. The new LP mast is probably the stiffest, strongest foil mast on the market. I'm including aluminum masts in that assessment. The new gear assembles much easier than the old ; it is all bolt together now as opposed to press-fit. All of the old wings are still available, but now they bolt to the fuselage. He also has larger wings available, from 1300 square centimeters on up . The wings are all high aspect, fast wings. Last time I talked to him he did say he was going to make a low aspect wing, but I haven't seen that yet.

oliver19

Since 25 Jun 2019
77 Posts

PostSun Sep 29, 19 8:43 am     Reply with quote

Any experience with the higher aspect LP foils?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: