Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Odell Lake has been going off

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
KOF

Since 30 Mar 2011
51 Posts
Seattle

PostSun Jun 23, 19 2:44 pm    Odell Lake has been going off Reply with quote

Just 66 minutes door to door from my house in Bend, Odell lake has been 10-12m the last 4 days. Because it’s at 5k feet you’ve got to rig one size bigger than at the gorge and endure a tight drift launch, but other than that it seems whenever the corridor goes Odell has been on. Clouds in the morning on the west side and out east makes it rideable. Definitely for advanced kiters only. I’d love to meet up with some other folks to roll there next time it’s on

caps

Since 23 Dec 2010
343 Posts

Obsessed

PostMon Jun 24, 19 6:17 pm     Reply with quote

Hey KOF,

I’ve kited Odell as well and agree on your windy description. Where’d you drift launch from? I launched from the very east end of the lake at the resort’s marina. I bit nerve wracking but fine with help. Wickiup is where I usually go- 45min drive from Bend to the Wickiup dam. I launch on the beach right next to the dam. Not as windy as Odell but deep and windy enough for foiling or 14m twin tipping. Pm me next time you can go and I’d be down.

Cheers!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: