Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Ozone kite owners, how to replace strut rubber tube?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Sasquatch

Since 09 Mar 2005
2053 Posts
PNW
Bigfoot

PostThu Jun 13, 19 4:47 pm    Ozone kite owners, how to replace strut rubber tube? Reply with quote

So the octopus connection from the strut bladders to the leading edge have a different construction than Slingshot.

How would one replace the rubber tube piece that connects the strut to the leading edge.

I'll try and post a picture in a bit.

Thx!

Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2570 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostMon Jun 17, 19 12:00 pm     Reply with quote

You snip off the zip ties and slide them off. The tube just slides over the slightly barbed nipple.

ldhr

Since 21 Jul 2009
1470 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostMon Jun 17, 19 3:10 pm     Reply with quote

....and then you put new zip ties on.

Sasquatch

Since 09 Mar 2005
2053 Posts
PNW
Bigfoot

PostMon Jun 17, 19 8:00 pm     Reply with quote

Wind Slither wrote:
You snip off the zip ties and slide them off. The tube just slides over the slightly barbed nipple.

I've done plenty of replacing of snap ties and rubber tubes before. This system appears to be different.

I'll have to take another look at it. My kite is basically new and so it all works. Just asking incase the rubber tubes fail.

Thanks for chiming in.

morecoffee

Since 24 Aug 2011
22 Posts

PostMon Jun 17, 19 11:11 pm     Reply with quote

Look in the goodie bag that came with the kite. Ozone used to give you some spare parts including a replacement tube, though I'll admit none of my ozones are newer than 2015.

Pepi

Since 16 Jun 2006
1831 Posts
Pure Stoke Sports
Shop Owner

CGKA Member

PostTue Jun 18, 19 8:47 am     Reply with quote

If you're still having issues, let me know and we can have the Ozone rep take a look at it, or give us some help.
We are the new Ozone dealer for Hood River, but have not received our inventory nor played around with any parts or pieces yet.
Unfortunately, we've just been riding and playing on the loaner demo kites all Spring

www.Purestokesports.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: