Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Slater Designs/Bloom Traction Pad Reviews?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Nevo

PostWed Mar 28, 18 9:16 pm    Slater Designs/Bloom Traction Pad Reviews? Reply with quote

Anyone tried these pads for kiting? Just as much grip as anything else?

https://firewiresurfboards.com/traction/

I ordered a new board and thought I would just go with the WMFG full deck pad. I want solid performance with strapless riding but after a few days waiting on the board I realized I need to make the environmentally conscious decision whenever possible.

The slater designs pads aren't bio-degradable but they are partially made from algae. Wondering if I could buy a tail pad and two fronts to make a full deck and not compromise performance?

Also open to other eco friendly options if anyone has already put the thought into it?

bwd

Since 04 Aug 2007
385 Posts

Obsessed

PostThu Mar 29, 18 6:51 am     Reply with quote

Seriously?
Ok, if you just can’t leave the virtue signaling ashore,
this is basically your option:
Cork pad glued on with beeswax.
Keep it in the shade.
Or maybe you can make an adhesive from pine sap or something instead if you don’t mind being ostracized by the tree warriors.
But if ya ordered a Thai built FireWire board, might as well use a cheaper pad and put the savings toward jet fuel for your next vacation.
Sorry if that’s harsh, but it’s a marketing charade bro

Nevo

PostThu Mar 29, 18 11:06 am     Reply with quote

I really don’t think it hurts for me to consider the environment in my personal decision making.

If you’ve tried the pad or any of those options you posed and can tell me the performance level then I’m happy to actually hear an answer to my question. I’m looking for an eco friendly pad that has solid performance.

Thanks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: