Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Friends of the Gorge and John Yeon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Sasquatch

Since 09 Mar 2005
2053 Posts
PNW
Bigfoot

PostMon Mar 05, 18 11:39 am    Friends of the Gorge and John Yeon Reply with quote

I found this 8 minute documentary very interesting. I knew/know about the Friends of the Gorge as my mother was a member and she was passionate about helping preserve The Gorge for generations to come. What I didn't know was the backstory of the man who helped instigate/spearhead this campaign. Thankfully for all, they were successful with their mission/goal.

Anyone who loves The Gorge should watch this as it briefly delves into the formation of The Friends of the Gorge and how it made The Gorge a National scenic corridor.

Thank you John Yeon for preserving The Gorge and for donating the land in Cannon Beach to help created Ecola State Park! You the man!!!

Scroll down a bit to see the video link.

https://www.opb.org/television/programs/ofg/segment/columbia-river-gorge-shire-history-john-yeon-nancy-russell/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: