Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

New Kite Foiler ????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
watercamper

Since 08 Sep 2017
86 Posts
Boise

PostMon Mar 16, 20 3:32 pm    New Kite Foiler ???? Reply with quote

My wife and I caught the kite foiling bug down in LV this winter. We did a few sessions on a borrowed SS Alien Air with a LF Impulse 61. Up and riding much faster than I had suspected possible. We want to continue that positive trend with 2 used or new setups. She's 5'3", 125 lb. I'm 5'10", 148 lb. Lightweights! Advanced twintip'rs, ride strapless Firewire Evos.

Been talking to the local reps and some online guys. Got some really good info but thought I'd ask around. Can't hurt as reading about this stuff online can twist your brain.

Idea is to foil the event site early mornings this summer in the lighter wind or foil on light wind days. And then foil light wind days in LV. No plans to foil behind a boat or on the coast. Just want to progress and start turning and playing. Looking forward to your responses!

macgruber

Since 06 Dec 2011
490 Posts
SE PDX volcano
Obsessed

PostMon Mar 16, 20 7:42 pm     Reply with quote

cloud 9 has the s24 (Impulse) and 27" mast for $499. You can find the Impulse and 36" mast for $6-700 new online. My favorite beginner/intermediate board is the Slingshot WF2 for around $400 on sale. It has a full EVA wrap and is 19L which is way better for waterstarts than a high volume but still paddles in if you're swimming.

watercamper

Since 08 Sep 2017
86 Posts
Boise

PostThu Mar 19, 20 3:39 pm     Reply with quote

Thanks Macgruber. So how would you compare the WF2 to the Alien Air? Sorry, most of my experience is on the Alien Air with a little on a Cabrinha Double Agent.

Windance Crew

Since 18 Apr 2008
473 Posts
Hood River Kite Shop
Obsessed

PostFri Mar 20, 20 11:58 am     Reply with quote

Hey Water Camper.

Dave here from Windance. Please accept my slightly biased opinion as good advice. Take it or leave it. Smile

The Slingshot HoverGlide packager with either the Space Skate or Apollo front wings is both easy to use and high performance.

Couple that with our Foil Works 130 foil board and you get a great deal !
Here's a few links for you.

https://www.windance.com/Slingshot-HG-FKite-V4/48009/
https://www.windance.com/Foil-Works-130-Foilboard/46673/

Thanks ,
Dave

WindSki

Since 14 Dec 2012
402 Posts
Portland
Obsessed

PostFri Mar 20, 20 5:15 pm     Reply with quote

I also highly recommend the SS Apollo foil!
I'm using is Apollo now and its great

cnski

Since 27 Jun 2008
13 Posts

PostSun Apr 26, 20 11:35 am     Reply with quote

That Foilworks board is the biggest POS to ever hit the foil market. Chinese made crap. A friend bought one and the box blew out immediately. Super soft glass, no reinforcement. Horrible box. Not a quality product. Not even close. I wouldn't take one for free. Windance should not be selling that product. You have been warned.

watercamper

Since 08 Sep 2017
86 Posts
Boise

PostSun Apr 26, 20 1:10 pm    Thanks! Reply with quote

Thanks to all who took the time to reply. Boards and foil setups are in hand. Now, we just need a place to go! Stay safe.

Windance Crew

Since 18 Apr 2008
473 Posts
Hood River Kite Shop
Obsessed

PostMon Apr 27, 20 8:32 am     Reply with quote

It's true we did have one batch of bad boards, we stopped selling them immediately .

The 2nd batch is an entirely new all carbon layup. Problem solved.

If you have any questions on this , please call me directly.

Dave Nunn
Windace owner.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: