Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Dog Sitters in the Hood

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Mrlaroo

Since 02 Jan 2007
181 Posts
Bend
Stoked

PostSat Jul 29, 17 9:05 am    Dog Sitters in the Hood Reply with quote

Is there any place that cares for dogs for the day while I kite? I don't want to leash up my dog to my truck or have her wander around the sandbar so is there any business around that do doggie day care?

Scriffler

Since 03 Jul 2005
581 Posts
LYLE
Addicted

PostSat Jul 29, 17 11:27 am     Reply with quote

Put an ad on www.gorge.net in the classified section. I used to dogsit for ads I saw On there. I did just take the dogs down to Lyle sandbar while I kited, but don't tell the owners. They always commented on how well behaved the dogs were when they got them back. One word for a good dog, exercise. Also, offer at least 40 bucks a day, I had a couple of doctors get offended when I would not take 10 dollars a day for 2 dogs. When I asked if they were serious, they told me that the 12 year old who was doing it before was fine with 10 dollars. I laughed so hard in their face they just took their dogs and left without saying a word.

Mrlaroo

Since 02 Jan 2007
181 Posts
Bend
Stoked

PostSun Jul 30, 17 12:04 pm     Reply with quote

Thanks for your advice, bummer I was looking for a business that was reliable rather then rely on a random. I guess I won't be able to bring her up with me.

hilton

Since 15 Aug 2008
787 Posts

Opinionated

PostSun Jul 30, 17 1:08 pm     Reply with quote

http://cascadepetcamp.com/dog-daycare/

I'm not a dog owner so I can't say much other than I drive past them a lot in the winter on the way up to Mt Hood.

Mrlaroo

Since 02 Jan 2007
181 Posts
Bend
Stoked

PostMon Jul 31, 17 1:51 pm     Reply with quote

sweet, got two leads now on places for doggie day care. Thanks

shred_da_gorge

Since 12 Nov 2008
1251 Posts
Local, not Low Cal
XTreme Poster

PostMon Jul 31, 17 9:07 pm     Reply with quote

I believe Cascade Pet Camp was founded by the woman who used to cat-sit for me oh-so-many years ago (pretty sure), and she was super reliable. Also check out http://www.kindanimalservices.com; Kelsie is great!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: