Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Predictions for Saturday?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostFri Mar 11, 05 9:40 pm    Predictions for Saturday? Reply with quote

Nuked out easterlies? Marine drive? Sauvies again?

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostSat Mar 12, 05 7:56 pm     Reply with quote

Sauvies was a whoot, totally wired on a 13m kite, steady wind and all. Even the current was good!

I heard Rooster Rock went too? Any reports?

PostSat Mar 12, 05 9:49 pm     Reply with quote

Yeah, good day Saturday at Sauvies. Good to see everyone out there again and so early in the season. Kinda weird looking at the trees out there and seeing no leaves while u kite.

PostWed Mar 16, 05 4:27 pm     Reply with quote

hey guys,

how is sauvies on an easterly? i wanted to go to stevenson but, the wind looked quite low and only came up in the afternoon. sunday was way to cold until the afternoon when it dropped off.

portland was nice and warm but, i heard that sauvies in an easterly can be quite gusty and unstable.

thanks
kt

kt

Since 16 Mar 2005
759 Posts
Portland, Or
Opinionated

PostWed Mar 16, 05 4:27 pm     Reply with quote

that was me, forgot to log in.

Very Happy

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostWed Mar 16, 05 4:48 pm     Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
hey guys,

how is sauvies on an easterly? i wanted to go to stevenson but, the wind looked quite low and only came up in the afternoon. sunday was way to cold until the afternoon when it dropped off.

portland was nice and warm but, i heard that sauvies in an easterly can be quite gusty and unstable.

thanks
kt

I think it would be nearly impossible as the wind would be straight on shore and blowing over all of the trees on the other side... better to head to the airport if its blowing easterly in town, its closer too! Thumb's Up

When I was referring to Sauvies in this post I was talking about the North wind, which ended up blowing actually Friday/Saturday/Sunday and was sheer sweetness. Very Happy

Rico

Since 13 Mar 2005
1219 Posts
Vancouver
Photographer

PostWed Mar 16, 05 9:27 pm    Be careful at SI with offshore wind Reply with quote

I have seen people swim back having a very hard time and people having to help them get back in because of offshore wind at SI.

Idea

kt

Since 16 Mar 2005
759 Posts
Portland, Or
Opinionated

PostThu Mar 17, 05 9:05 am     Reply with quote

hey pkh,

thanks for the tip. so it was northerly eh? i will have to keep an eye on this although i think our nice weather has disappeared for a while.

kt

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostThu Mar 17, 05 11:57 am     Reply with quote

Yup all 3 days were northerly, Saturday was the sweetest... well powered on a 13m from 2pm-6pm (actually it kept blowing past that but I had to go home.) Friday / Sunday were lighter, but still staying upwind on big kites.

And of course it was fun to see the whole crew again. It's like going back to school after summer vacation. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: