Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Chile, Andes, Argentina kite adventure

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
luke

Since 06 Jul 2005
399 Posts

Obsessed

PostTue Aug 14, 12 6:08 pm    Chile, Andes, Argentina kite adventure Reply with quote

Happy Summer.

Just putting together another kite adventure after last fall’s epic New Zealand / Peru kite trip and checking to see who wants to join in.

Here is the plan:

Go to Santiago Chile and kite surf some of the best waves on the planet (Matanzas, Pichilemu, Punta Topacalma, etc);
Then drive 50 miles inland to the heart of the Andes Mountains for epic snowkiting;
And finally take the 10-hour overnight bus to Buenos Aires, Argentina for Atlantic Ocean kite surfing around Mar del Plata.
2 Oceans and the longest mountain range in the world. Double it UP!!

Plan is to spend 7-10 days at each spot. Come for the whole trip or a segment or 2.

Oh, yeah. Mid-September through mid-November timeframe is peak season at all 3 locations.

Hop on board if you are interested and get in on some planning.

WooHOO!!

BigMt SnowKite FreeRide

specialk

PostWed Aug 15, 12 6:27 am     Reply with quote

Holy cow, yeah sweet! How do u manage all that gear though?!

ldhr

Since 21 Jul 2009
1470 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostWed Aug 15, 12 12:50 pm     Reply with quote

Luke can do the whole trip on one kite (Switchblade 4m), one surf board (5'6" skillit), and one pair of K2 skis....... and 125 Cliff bars.
Luke - did I miss any sponsors?

luke

Since 06 Jul 2005
399 Posts

Obsessed

PostWed Aug 15, 12 4:12 pm    gear Reply with quote

For all that gear, I usually just use a Golf Bag. haa.

Mostly travelling with cold water kite surf gear. Working with K2 to have some gear for us when we go into the snow so we don't have to carry.

Yeah, Laird when I am travelling in South America I always keep some Quinoa Bars in my pocket. The kids love em.

buttersmoothcarver

Since 08 Oct 2008
246 Posts

Stoked

PostThu Aug 16, 12 3:17 am     Reply with quote

Ken,
Better bring some old K2 extremes, it might be a bit "boney" crossing two seasons in one! Regardless, I can't think of a cooler place to be in south Am in our fall. Hope to see some NW cats down there Oct 28th-Nov14th!..... Beunos de mas viento y claienta chicas!

Brad Gordon

Thermal Foundation
www.snowkiteadventures.com
text 2063000450

Chipotle

Since 26 Mar 2011
70 Posts

PostFri Dec 01, 17 11:05 am    Chile season? Reply with quote

Hello, I realize this is an old thread but I have to go to Santiago in January for work. Does anyone know the wind season down there and/or any contacts who could help me score a session? I found one school online but haven't gotten any useful info out of them. Thanks!

Scriffler

Since 03 Jul 2005
581 Posts
LYLE
Addicted

PostSat Dec 02, 17 10:43 am     Reply with quote

Call Anton Pogue: 011 56 9 9214 7649 January is prime kiting season. You will have tons of fun. Hopefully you are single, pichilemu is crawling with the hottest Brazilian babes you have ever laid Eyes on and they are very friendly!! Have fun my friend!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: