Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Memorial Day Rescue Rufus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Jimbo

Since 16 Jul 2009
58 Posts
Seattle

PostMon Jun 01, 15 8:37 am    Memorial Day Rescue Rufus Reply with quote

Hey I want to give a big PUBLIC shout out and thank you to Rich who rescued me at Rufus on Memorial Day.

I slammed my kite and bursted the leading edge and bladder. Embarassed Rich hauled my board, hat, and kite to shore then came back and pulled me over to the Oregon side. Seeing that I was going to have a long walk in bare feet he gave me his booties to wear too.

When we got back a friend rewarded him with a beer but I also gave him some swag, a hug and a huge in person thank you.

Rich I hope you read this man. I know it is a week later but you deserve major kudos for your selfless act. You embody the kindness, spirit and stoke that makes kiteboarding in the Gorge and most anywhere completely awesome.

I hadn't had a kitemare since 2010 so I was probably due, but I'm glad you were there.

I'm back in the office after 9 days in the Gorge. Today looks like a nuker I hope you all are gettin' it.

Be Stoked!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: