Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Luvins the Flores

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
deminimis

Since 15 Jul 2014
326 Posts
On the Rocks
Obsessed

PostFri Aug 07, 15 12:20 pm    Luvins the Flores Reply with quote

Great place. Great folks. Very cool vibe. Here's a tip: Set a budget and stick to it at all costs. Planned on a 1hr lesson for Nugget #1. Ended up being 2hrs. Then the other nugget wanted a 1hr lesson. Then nugget #1 wanted another lesson. Then I decided to get a lesson. Then couldn't resist the price on a near near Z9 for the Nuggets. Exhausted, sun burnt and broke. I'll call that a win. Too early for a Pacifico? Me thinks not.

PS: If anyone has a 17" Slingy bar collecting dust, please let me know. Although I had a number of successful kite grabs over the week (included someone's unattended kite tumbling down the lake), I did manage to suck up the Nugget's Z6 lines into the Waverunner. Ugh.

eric

Since 13 Jan 2006
1810 Posts

XTreme Poster

PostFri Aug 07, 15 12:29 pm     Reply with quote

Much, much worse than spending $ on the kids kiting would be if you spent no money because they were not interested to learn....

deminimis

Since 15 Jul 2014
326 Posts
On the Rocks
Obsessed

PostFri Aug 07, 15 8:32 pm     Reply with quote

We definitely had a blast. Yes, getting a teenage daughter to do anything you recommend is a challenge beyond all challenges, but she's into it now. The boy is easy (if it has a board and there's a chance to go fast, he's down). Can't recommend Will and Co enough. I did pick up a 17' Slingy bar for the kids' 6....Cha ching.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: