Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Foil board repair

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
To bad

Since 01 May 2017
24 Posts

PostMon Jul 19, 21 3:59 pm    Foil board repair Reply with quote

Hello
I have a problem with my 37” KS. It is 2 years old and been a great board. I smashed it into the beach last week with shallow water. I am not sure this is what caused issue but think so. I took it apart to inspect and everything seemed fine. When I was bolting foil back on board I noticed one bolt would not tighten up. I had to work hard to get it apart. Upon further inspection I have seen insert slipping in board;(
I reached out to KS they said fill hole with playdough and pour resin on it. I don’t think that will work because I cannot see a void where resin could get into board. My main concern is water damage. I could silicone it and move to other set of holes but I like the ride I have with 683. Also I think it is worth fixing.
I assume since it is slipping this is a solo insert not a laminate frame? Couple of friends have gave me good tips.
• Drill small holes next to insert and inject resin around insert?
• Looking for someone who can help me fix it if possible.
I will be in Gorge in this week week. Does anyone know how to fix?
Thanks
Todd

Ryan

Since 14 Jul 2005
536 Posts
Oregon
Addicted

PostThu Jul 22, 21 12:45 pm    the fixer Reply with quote

If still around Pierre can fix it. I will send you a PM with his number.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: