Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

sand bar parking

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  

PostThu May 12, 05 6:46 am    sand bar parking Reply with quote

the port allows us to launch from the beach at the marina when they shut down the sand bar
you guys don't have to walk all that way

come over and join all of us folks who have gay style

where the grass isn't greener, but hey, at least there is grass

PostThu May 12, 05 7:27 am     Reply with quote

Anyone know if the SB parking area is open today?

4Stringer/KipWinger

Since 27 Apr 2005
541 Posts
Hood River
Addicted

PostThu May 12, 05 7:30 am    Alternate launch when spit parking closed Reply with quote

Unless the Port has recently (in the past two weeks) changed it's position on alternatives to the spit when it's closed, the Marina launch is still a no-no. I don't agree with it, but I'm abiding by their rules. ...And it isn't because I like the Port, feel that they make wise decisions, or act in the best interest of the community. If you think the Port solely focuses it's bad practice of policy/juju toward kiteboarding, you're wrong. I've seen as much, or more ludicrous policy at the Marina where I've been mooring a boat for a couple of seasons. ...Enough ranting about the Port, the reason that I wouldn't test the Port by disobeying their rules; they might act like the Port and do something which doesn't make sense, and ends-up costing us all. Believe me, I'm with-you if you feel that it doesn't make sense that we can't launch from the Marina given that the spit is closed and there's almost no one lounging riverside right now in the 60 degree weather. What you can do is vote in the upcoming Port election for people who are reasonable and will listen. I'm definitely voting for Lars and Cory.

Jim

scooter

Since 23 Apr 2005
99 Posts
hood River

PostThu May 12, 05 10:30 am     Reply with quote

Isn't it time to be proactive, organize, and protect our sport? Very Happy

J.P.

Since 10 Mar 2005
638 Posts

Addicted

PostThu May 12, 05 10:41 am     Reply with quote

scooter wrote:
Isn't it time to be proactive, organize, and protect our sport? Very Happy

Radical thoughts from Chris "Scooter" Lavell! Thumb's Up Thumb's Up Thumb's Up
Cheers,

JP
www.seattlekitesurfing.org founder

PostThu May 12, 05 11:06 am     Reply with quote

hey jim
walk if you want
do what you like
but........
i was an instructor here for 3 yrs
every year they shut down the spit for fireworks around the 4th
they (doke) have told us, every year that i have been around, to use the marina as a default location
they just ask that we be responsible around the general public

so again
do what you like
just tryin to save folks a little time
FIGHT THA POWER!!!!!!!!

late

PostThu May 12, 05 11:56 am     Reply with quote

I'm with Jim on this one. I strongly dislike the Port's policies, but I think we need to hike from the Marina out to the spit when the spit is closed. I've talked to Mike Doke in person, and been to many Port meetings. I've never heard anyone at the Port say that it's OK to actually launch kites from the Marina when the spit is closed. Yes, the Port sucks, but right now they've got all the power. Hopefully we'll get some better representatives after the next election!

I realize that there are few if any non-kiters hanging out at the Marina this time of year, but did any of you read the Kiteforum post about the recent accident in France? A reckless kiter took out a woman and child. Child injured, woman in a coma. Not cool.
http://www.kiteforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2315607

Spencer

PostThu May 12, 05 5:19 pm     Reply with quote

that's what you get when you launch a 16 when it is blowing 30

PostFri May 13, 05 7:30 am     Reply with quote

The SB parking lot is open for biz. Last wk its going to be free with no fee.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: