Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Sunny sunday nuke fest: Browns Point

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Project_Flightning

Since 10 Oct 2005
47 Posts
Sea-Town & South Beach

PostTue May 09, 06 9:58 pm    Sunny sunday nuke fest: Browns Point Reply with quote

Hey all, I'm Tyson from the South Puget Sound. I haven't been hanging around this forum enough. Before I get on with this post I've gotta get out a much past due, whats goin on, to Trever, Tom, Phil, Jody, and Nicole. And if Adrian is still poking around our NWforums heres a shout out to him and our buddy David.

Now it's time for what this post was origionally going to be about. It seems as though pretty much everywhere this weekend the air was definatly not stagnant. Browns Point up here in NE Tacoma was not left out of the mix. Sunday it was on fire. It was a beautiful sunny day with 25+knots. I ended up getting some good pictures of a Allen tearing shit up on the 12m torch.

Allen if you come across this shoot me an email at projectflightning @ gmail.com so i can get you some high-res versions of these.

As to Dave I'm sorry man hopefully next time. Sad I was thinking I ended up with some pics of you but I didn't.

Kraemer

Since 24 Apr 2006
1735 Posts
Sky Pilot
Unicorn Captain

PostTue May 09, 06 10:10 pm     Reply with quote

thats a ROCKIN day! Give me some directions to get there please.
I'm from PDX and went all the way to Jetty Island only to practically have to swim to the island~!

Good PICTS!

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostTue May 09, 06 10:15 pm     Reply with quote

Looks like you have a HUGE area to kite in there. Any other people on the water, or did you guys have it mostly to yourselves? Thumb's Up

Project_Flightning

Since 10 Oct 2005
47 Posts
Sea-Town & South Beach

PostTue May 09, 06 10:53 pm     Reply with quote

Kataku: It's a definatley a very open area. That day it was mainly just Allen. Two other pole boarders and 2 guys trading off trying out a 9m waroo one of them had just picked up.

JK: It's real easy to get to. You can pretty make out directions form the picture of the map on here. It's the most western tip on that point just SW of where Dash Point is labeled on hte map. Basicly you take the highway 18 west exit which is in Federal Way just after you pass Enchanted Village. Stay on that for about 6 mi. When you come to the end of that road, you make a screwey right it's almost a U turn on to wa-509. Then a left a half mi after that just before the shopping center. Follow that road and your there.

That would be awesome if you could make it out there sometime with us. I'm the noob of the crew but from what I've seen theres a regular crew of about 7 or 8 guys that kite out of Browns. So on any given day there will most likely be one of us there.

Rollo Tomasi

Since 17 Mar 2005
983 Posts

Attractive

PostTue May 09, 06 10:58 pm     Reply with quote

Nice pix Tyson. Good to see you're coming out of hiding. Wink

Slidingby

Since 29 Mar 2006
125 Posts
Portland, OR
Stoked

PostTue May 09, 06 11:36 pm     Reply with quote

Yeah, definately feelin' those pics man, how warm is the water up there? ~

Project_Flightning

Since 10 Oct 2005
47 Posts
Sea-Town & South Beach

PostWed May 10, 06 9:11 am     Reply with quote

Sliding: Water temp? I'm under the impression that the sound stays at 55 year round.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: