Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

WW or BEST?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
kazi

Since 02 May 2005
19 Posts

PostFri May 06, 05 9:56 am    WW or BEST? Reply with quote

You dudes in the gorgisimo get to see lot's of kites in action. I am trying to make a decision between getting WW or a BEST quiver.

I don't plan on buying kites again for at least 2 years....I'm serious Shocked So I need to get a frikin quiver that will last me a while and can take me from a newbie to a proficient kiter. I can't afford to buy a set of used cheap kites then try to convince my wife that I a require a new set later on. In other words I can't raise taxes, build half a bridge, then ask her for more money to finish the job. This crap just does not fly with her.

It's come down between an 18 Rapture, 14 RII and 10 RII and a Best BFK 18, Yarga 13, Yarga 9 deallio.

I won't be touching the larger kites until I improve. I weigh 180 and have 2 boards, a Hammer HTT 172 and ONO 147.

Does anyone have any experience with either of these? I've seen minor issues with both brands. I'm concerned that the RII's don't boost as high as the Yarga's. I really like the depower of the RII's and not having to have a 5th line.

If anyone has any advice on these please let me know. My main kitespot will be Jetty Island in Everett and occasional trips to annoy you guys in the gorge.

Don't worry I don't plan on assulting any kitespot without some hands-on instruction. I'm also trying to work a deal with WindWing's WindMaster Academy, but so far they don't plan on giving any discounts over the great prices they already have.

I'm trying my best not to be the bumbling newbie sporting the shiny new HellFish quiver getting dragged ankle first down the beach.

Appreciate any input

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostFri May 06, 05 10:15 am     Reply with quote

Slingshot! Thumb's Up

kazi

Since 02 May 2005
19 Posts

PostFri May 06, 05 10:37 am     Reply with quote

son of a @#$#@ you frikin GORGIES!!!! Evil or Very Mad

You just want to see me tangled up in that new MACHINE going over that damn dam! Crying or Very sad

common...throw me a bone here!

PostFri May 06, 05 10:49 am     Reply with quote

btw...you think anyone is going to give a crap about this on the kiteforum (.com)? forgedaboudit!!

Maybe if I posted "Should I buy a Hellfish or waite around for the new Naish spider silk model?"......forgedaboudit!!

That forum has gone to the HELL.........fish

kazi

Since 02 May 2005
19 Posts

PostFri May 06, 05 10:52 am     Reply with quote

ah...that was me

..forgedaboutit! Rolling Eyes

kazi

Since 02 May 2005
19 Posts

PostFri May 06, 05 10:53 am     Reply with quote

You can tune a piano but you can't tune a HELLFISH!!!

fokiten

Since 04 Mar 2005
188 Posts

Stoked

PostFri May 06, 05 12:45 pm     Reply with quote

Kasi,,,

It's horses for courses:

You live in DA gorge,, that says it all, you're going to need, depower and not much else.

My campign to get a demo from WW was ill timed;

I never ridden a rapture BUT,,,

The rapture is a gorge type kite,, big range great depower (remember This is just the hype) I don't actually know.

BUT

The rapture is no beginner kite. (almost certain of this)

The hellfish is touted for its range AND leans more to the low end for its exclusivity,,,That don' t sound too gorge worthy,,,

Hmm, just starting??

Buy used,,,ton's o blokes will be selling cheap, and choking down cat food so they can to throw cash at g-ball.

PLUS,,

I suspect you need to learn to kite before you get all gear happy, folks is all a bit different,, kites are all a bit different, learn and you will be informed

Most kites are plenty good enough,, buy a cheap one, and spend the money on tolls

f-en gorge,,,,,,you'll never be at "just the right spot"

Happy motoring
fokiten

blancoh2o

Since 15 Mar 2005
1153 Posts
Oregon
Phishy

PostFri May 06, 05 3:33 pm     Reply with quote

Diesel Diesel Diesel, did I say Diesel?

If you want to learn and be a good kiter within the season, go with a Slingshot Diesel....Get a Surefire Spreader bar too.

Your wife will be very impressed with how well you have learned that she can then adopt your kites when you get your new ones.

https://kb4c.rallyup.com/kb4c/286ef9/Member

jts

Since 03 Mar 2005
26 Posts
gorge

PostSat May 07, 05 2:38 pm     Reply with quote

BEST has used kites right now for $250 in almost every size, 2004...can't go wrong, you can get 3 kites for $750...gotta hurry though.

PostMon May 09, 05 10:15 pm     Reply with quote

no experience with the raptor but heaps with r@ and yarga/bfk.

IMO go the best deal. The r2's have limited range (esp the 14) but do boost well. All the best gear you mentioned I have found great!

kazi

Since 02 May 2005
19 Posts

PostTue May 10, 05 7:07 am     Reply with quote

Thanks for all the reply's. This forum rocks!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: