Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Hey newport

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
registered

Since 12 Jul 2005
1319 Posts
tsunami
Sandbagger

PostMon May 01, 06 6:40 pm    Hey newport Reply with quote

Hows that strong windz been treatin' you? Anyone brave this afternoon or get a A.M. pull in? I hate it when my seven is a threat.

Mocean

Since 21 Sep 2005
343 Posts
Newport
Obsessed

PostMon May 01, 06 9:13 pm     Reply with quote

I had to take a break today - gettin ready to head to the east coast on a business trip. But my Octane 8's been gettin a workout lately. I don't think there were any takers at the jetty today - at least I didn't see any after I got home at 5:00.

Yesterday I took a break from the gnarl and hit Siletz Bay. Drag raced my friend Craig the windsurfer. Octane 8 was the ticket once again.

From the looks of the photos, Flo's was dishing out some serious wompers yesterday. That's one nice thing about our jetty, because the angle to the SW there's more protection - very small by the jetty, huge down the beach. At Florence, its all big.

Get some good one's this week, it looks like its gonna keep going!

Steve

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostMon May 01, 06 9:40 pm     Reply with quote

We couldn't get out this weekend... too busy with school and other such bullshit.

How was Siletz, Steve? And what was the water level like? It's crazy to know about how deep the water is in places after seeing the bay with the tide super far out. I swear the sand didn't extend (stay shallow) as far out last year..?

Mocean

Since 21 Sep 2005
343 Posts
Newport
Obsessed

PostTue May 02, 06 5:37 am     Reply with quote

It was pretty good. At the high tide, you could ride up to the big log, about 50 yards from the shoreline. You guys were there on a minus tide. 6 or 7 feet of water makes a big difference. I only go if its above 5 feet on the tide table. It was fun to ride in some Gorge like conditions, as opposed to all the ocean survival stuff we've been doing.

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostTue May 02, 06 6:11 am     Reply with quote

Kataku2k3 wrote:
We couldn't get out this weekend... too busy with school and other such bullshit.

How was Siletz, Steve? And what was the water level like? It's crazy to know about how deep the water is in places after seeing the bay with the tide super far out. I swear the sand didn't extend (stay shallow) as far out last year..?

dude adam your new avatar is making me dizzy, animations are okay but how about something slower or something?

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostTue May 02, 06 9:42 am     Reply with quote

Sorry Phil! I would have slowed it down originally, but I couldn't extend out the series because of the 29kb size limit. No worries though. I just took it off.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: