Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Chicken loop pinch and burn.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
boardrider

Since 05 Apr 2006
1034 Posts
Ventura, CA
XTreme Poster

PostMon May 01, 06 3:38 pm    Chicken loop pinch and burn. Reply with quote

Anyone else get fingers pinched or get friction burn when riding one handed, with fingers on either side (at once) of the chicken loop? Man, I get pinched all the time, and it sucks. Anyone found any solutions to this problem? I've looked at alot of bars, and they all seem to have the skin pinching design. One bar in this months Kiteboarding has a metal sleave that extended out from the chicken loop hole, and covered the rope in the finger pinching area. Do you think this was a retro -fit? - it lookes like a slingy bar - but maybe not. Anyway - it would be very cool if the fingers got a little relief - and any solutions/ ideas would be appreciated. Thx -C

kiteboard117

Since 02 Mar 2005
450 Posts
PDX
McLovin

PostMon May 01, 06 4:17 pm     Reply with quote

the 05 deisel bars had that tube to protect your hands but it wore the line down so they told people to chop it off. the 06 airrush bars have a simular thing on them this year but its plastic so maybe it wont wear the line. only thing is i have no clue where you would get airrush stuff around here.

boardrider

Since 05 Apr 2006
1034 Posts
Ventura, CA
XTreme Poster

PostMon May 01, 06 5:01 pm     Reply with quote

Thx K117 - the AIRRUSH anti-pinch sheath. I'm gettin' my hands on one a doze. -Thx - C
edited:
Just called AIRRUSH - They do not sell this bar part - Oh well. Any other solutions?

Mocean

Since 21 Sep 2005
343 Posts
Newport
Obsessed

PostMon May 01, 06 5:28 pm     Reply with quote

I've used surf wax on my chicken rope to reduce the wear from friction. This might also work to lessen the friction on your fingers as well. The only other idea is to just let your fingers toughen up and build callouses.

Steve

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: