Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

New Feature: RSS Feed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostWed Nov 23, 05 4:23 pm    New Feature: RSS Feed Reply with quote

I added an RSS feed that will list the last 50 posts (in both Classifieds and the main forum.) This way you don't have to keep checking back on the site for new posts if you don't want to. Although you will still need to open the site to view attachments (photos) or reply to topics, luckily a double click in any modern RSS reader will take you straight to the post on the site.

The RSS feed is at: http://www.nwkite.com/forums/rss/

(Just clicking on that link won't do you a lot of good, you'll need an RSS reader first...)

SharpReader is an excellent free reader that's available, great for automatically downloading from many RSS feeds at once.

Enjoy. Thumb's Up

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostThu Mar 09, 06 8:29 am     Reply with quote

Is anyone using this feature? I just love it... the only thing I have to figure out is how to get images to show up in the RSS.

Its a great way to monitor the forums from work without having to open it up every time. Think of it as like an email client for nwkite...

Sharpreader is still my favorite free RSS reader tool: http://www.sharpreader.net/

tinyE

Since 21 Jan 2006
2004 Posts
not really an
XTreme Poster

PostThu Mar 09, 06 8:47 am    hmmm Reply with quote

curiosity got the best of me... this is pretty cool.

Scribble

Since 18 Nov 2005
636 Posts
NoPo
Addicted

PostThu Mar 09, 06 11:56 am     Reply with quote

I use it sometimes. I like it but I'm usually not in front of the computer for long periods of times.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: