Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

slingshot wave grenade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Ryan

Since 14 Jul 2005
536 Posts
Oregon
Addicted

PostMon Feb 27, 06 12:23 pm    slingshot wave grenade Reply with quote

Does anybody know if the wave grenade can be used on a retrofit 5th line/one line kit on a 04 or 05 bar?

Does the grenade only work on the new 06 bar set up?

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostMon Feb 27, 06 12:40 pm     Reply with quote

It'll work no problem, but you will have to slightly modify your Oneline's leader... It has to be "split" (and possibly lightly stitched) towards the end so that it can lock over the wave grenade's pin. You'll also have to remove any of the original knots, otherwise the line won't release through the cleat. Hope this helps! Wink

Ryan

Since 14 Jul 2005
536 Posts
Oregon
Addicted

PostMon Feb 27, 06 1:02 pm     Reply with quote

Kataku2k3-

have you done this on your stuff? do you have any pics?

go Beavs!

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostMon Feb 27, 06 2:26 pm     Reply with quote

Sorry, I haven't done it on any of my stuff, but we'll probably be doing it on my roomie's bar sometime. I've looked into it pretty deeply though, only because I'm going to be upgrading one of my standard '05 Slingy bars to Oneline, but with all the '06 pieces (Lock-N-Load chicken loop & Wave Grenade). I talked to Jeff at Slingshot and he said that they won't be offering a new "2006" Oneline upgrade using all the new stuff, but again, it shouldn't be too hard. If we do it sometime soon, I'll be sure to take pics.

Onad

Since 04 Mar 2005
1435 Posts
Coast<<PDX>>Gorge
XTreme Poster

PostMon Feb 27, 06 5:03 pm     Reply with quote

Kataku2k3 wrote:
It'll work no problem, but you will have to slightly modify your Oneline's leader...

K23, I never had a ’05 bar, but I thought the oneline feeds through the chicken loop line?

How ya gona reload the oneline/leader on the beach after it pulls through on release? Or, are ya routing it strait through the bar (as in the '06)?

Wave grenade is a great feature! It saved my ass on a La Ventana downwinder… ~Nad

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostMon Feb 27, 06 5:31 pm     Reply with quote

Slingy converted all of their Oneline upgrades to just run the 5th line parallel to the chicken loop (just like your '06). No more running the line through the inside, but that would be a pain in the ass if anyone had the first generation original style. How do you like the new Lock-N-Load chicken loop Dano?

Onad

Since 04 Mar 2005
1435 Posts
Coast<<PDX>>Gorge
XTreme Poster

PostMon Feb 27, 06 5:43 pm     Reply with quote

Kataku2k3 wrote:
,,,but that would be a pain in the ass if anyone had the first generation original style...

That's exactly what I was thinking...

'06 L&L works great! I love it. Oneline trim lock is so simple to use & right at your finger tips for fine tuning kite trim while on the fly. Nose line tension really makes a big difference on performance (especially on the Machine) & even on the Octanes & Fuels in variable wind conditions. Chicken loop length is fully customizable. Highly recommended!! ~D

importracer9 99

Since 27 Oct 2005
296 Posts

Obsessed

PostThu Mar 02, 06 12:57 am     Reply with quote

anyone have problems with there one-line getting worn out by the oneline cleat. mine slips now if i try to trim in... i guess i just have to buy new line every 10 or so rides...

Onad

Since 04 Mar 2005
1435 Posts
Coast<<PDX>>Gorge
XTreme Poster

PostThu Mar 02, 06 8:00 am     Reply with quote

Yes, some of the 2005 oneline cleats have problems. I know Barfly’s '05 Machine bar oneline cleat slips...

No problems with 2006 oneline cleat after 15+ sessions... Thumb's Up

Have you contacted SS about the problem?

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostThu Mar 02, 06 11:35 am     Reply with quote

Hi, JP! I realize that I could just take a look at your bar since it's still a tangled mess in the garage, but since I'm not home right now, this is easier (and more fun)! Is it your cleat, or the leader itself wearing? I always assumed that it was just the leader. Oh well, let's just toss the '06 Lock-N-Load CL on anyways.

All done with midterms... FUCK YES!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: