Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

help for wipika

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
murraybeetle

Since 23 Jan 2006
8 Posts
portland
Kook

PostSun Feb 12, 06 1:11 am    help for wipika Reply with quote

hi all just got a 14m wipika airblast and i was just wondering what the pulleys are for on the main line as the rest off my kite dont have it
any halp would be usefull
thanks

blade 4.9 lll
wipika 8.5
wipika 14m
mbs landboard
X 133 all terain board
lid pads and lots of bits

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostSun Feb 12, 06 5:08 am     Reply with quote

I think those are for a reverse relaunch system that never really worked too well, so you might as well just get rid of em and rig it regular style.

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostSun Feb 12, 06 11:01 am     Reply with quote

Not sure why they would be on the bar/lines, unless you've got a pulley bar, but if you are indeed talking about pulleys on the kite...

As Phil said, they don't really work to well for relaunch. We took them (along with the bridle) off of JP's first Wipi 8.4 Airblast, and back then (this is in like '02/03), it did help improve the kite's turning speed. Even if you weren't looking at any "performance" increase, I'd still remove them, just so you don't have to deal with bridles. Wink

pacifichigh

Since 11 May 2005
1004 Posts
ATX
Texan

PostMon Feb 13, 06 4:33 pm     Reply with quote

Email jb@wipikakiteboarding.com

John is now running Wipika North America.

J.P.

Since 10 Mar 2005
638 Posts

Addicted

PostTue Feb 14, 06 10:44 am    Re: help for wipika Reply with quote

murraybeetle wrote:
hi all just got a 14m wipika airblast and i was just wondering what the pulleys are for on the main line as the rest off my kite dont have it
any halp would be usefull
thanks

Wipia's used to have a mini-bridal that made their kites turn faster however it removed the little bar pressure and feel that the Airblast's have.

I flew Air-blast's back in 2002 and removed the bridals after playing them for a while and determining that a little bar pressure and "feel' was a good thing.

I too recently picked up an old un-used AB 8.4 and cut the pulleys off when I set it up for my fifth element bar.

The 8.4 AB is one of my all time favorite kites and I was pleasantly surprised to feel how MUCH the 5th element improved it’s performance and feel.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: