Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

replacing main bladder in 04 SS fuel - issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Ryan

Since 14 Jul 2005
536 Posts
Oregon
Addicted

PostThu Feb 09, 06 8:10 am    replacing main bladder in 04 SS fuel - issues Reply with quote

I replaced my bladder and thought all was well with the world. once i pumped up the kite the nipples for the struts moved around and out of the hole in the kite as if the bladder were twisted. Evil or Very Mad I was very careful when sliding the bladder in and dont think there are any twists. the nipples dont have the little ledges on them that keep them seeded with the kite like the old ones due. I also thought that there might be a slight twist from going around the elbow of the kite. the middle strut is fine it s the other two on each side that are moving about 3 inches from the hole once pumped.

Anybody have any experience with this, helpful tips, thought. I want to get on the water while we have this sunny and windy weather. Very Happy

cheers,

Ryan

pacifichigh

Since 11 May 2005
1004 Posts
ATX
Texan

PostThu Feb 09, 06 9:50 am     Reply with quote

The bladder is twisted somewhere. It's a pain in the ass, but pull it out and do it all over again.

airtimekite

Since 10 Aug 2005
28 Posts
13th and Wasco

PostThu Feb 09, 06 11:17 am     Reply with quote

Take a close look at your valves and I think you'll find that they do have the flange that keeps them in place.

Lay out the leading edge as flat as possible.

Talc the bladder to an excess (corn startch if you're worried about lung cancer).

Stack the bladder like an accordian and place it in front of the zippered opening in the leading edge.

Tie off the bladder and slowly pull it in to place. Make sure the bladder feeds in nicely and doesn't roll. You'll also be able to watch the valves as they slide down the leading edge sleeve. They should look like mice running under the rug.

Pull the valves into their holes.

Stick a finger in the velcro opening at the elbow and make sure you have lot's of excess bladder making the corner.

Close up the ends.

Go back to the valves and while holding the valves shake the snot out of 'em. This let's everything move around and the bladder goes to it's happy place.

Slowly inflate the l.e. and make sure that the valves don't give you any funny business. If they do, stop, deflate the kite entirely, and then shake the snot out of the offending valve.

That should get you going.

[/img]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: