Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

is it summer yet?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
kiteboard117

Since 02 Mar 2005
450 Posts
PDX
McLovin

PostMon Jan 30, 06 9:24 pm    is it summer yet? Reply with quote

I am getting sick of this cold rainy crap. The boredom is killing me! What are you guys doing to stay sane? I had set up a practice bar on a swingset in my backyard wich worked pretty well but yesterday i managed to destroy the swingset. Heres a video of it before the destruction http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7958119022010283202

KiteKarl

Since 02 Mar 2005
213 Posts
Stockton, California
Stoked

PostMon Jan 30, 06 9:34 pm     Reply with quote

Snowkiting. Cool

NateDogg

Since 05 Mar 2005
627 Posts
I caught your mom on
cineaptic.com

PostMon Jan 30, 06 10:32 pm    I got something... Reply with quote

Dude i turned 21 this last weekend, that was a summer's worth of insanity right there. Shit, i'm still recovering. I placed pretty high though, and i'm considering dropping my amatuer status and going pro at being 21. Current sponsors i'm considering are PBR, Jose, Jack, The Bettie Ford Club, whoever makes those mechanical bulls, and karioaki night at the Alibi. Send all inqueries to my agent Jim. Twisted Evil

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostMon Jan 30, 06 11:15 pm     Reply with quote

Nice video Tuck! Extreme swing set.. hehe.

As far as when summer is going to get here, I was thinking of hosting a pool here for when the first Savuies/North wind day will be. Remember last year it was first few days of March (though that was really weird.)

importracer9 99

Since 27 Oct 2005
296 Posts

Obsessed

PostTue Jan 31, 06 12:49 am     Reply with quote

crazy
Last edited by importracer9 99 on Tue Mar 23, 21 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostTue Jan 31, 06 1:07 am     Reply with quote

Tight shit Tucker! I always wondered what you had your bar tied to after I saw the pic on MySpace... Very Happy

P.S. - Where's our living room bar setup, JP?

importracer9 99

Since 27 Oct 2005
296 Posts

Obsessed

PostTue Jan 31, 06 1:18 am     Reply with quote

when we get time for sure
Last edited by importracer9 99 on Mon Mar 22, 21 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostTue Jan 31, 06 4:08 am     Reply with quote

Well, as the rest of the sane world is sleeping, I'm taking a break from the studying to write on nwkite! Adderall is cool stuff too!

Anywho, Tucker (since you ruined your swingset), we should build a HUGE practicing rig over a trampoline with 50ft towers, on top of which elastic lines running to your bar are mounted. That'd probably give you enough hangtime to toss a Mobe10 (if the lines were angled right)! Surprised

importracer9 99

Since 27 Oct 2005
296 Posts

Obsessed

PostTue Jan 31, 06 12:47 pm     Reply with quote

for sure
Last edited by importracer9 99 on Mon Mar 22, 21 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total

shastadogs2

Since 28 Mar 2005
336 Posts

Obsessed

PostTue Jan 31, 06 12:59 pm    stayin chill Reply with quote

me, i'm travelin', spending the old 401k, trying my best to stay on the sunny-side of psychotic until may.

met a dude on the sb in hr last summer that was all ababble about 1 inch web strapping, some kinda climbers webbing that he had built a sort of tight rope with. his thing was reproducing the challenge to balance in 3 planes (horizontal, vertical and forward-backward) that occurs with board sports like kiting, snowboarding and skateboarding.

i did not get the full story, and perhaps some of the brothas here can better describe this thing, but it went something like this: he would stretch this stap webbing between two trees about 3-4 feet off the ground, now, because this shit stretches, the webbing is stretched tight, and one needs the mechanical advantage of several "pulleys," he used carabines, to adequately stretch the material.

once properly set up, the drill is to try to balance on this one inch webbing, which stretches as you walk... i guess you go up and down and side to side and when you are good, around and around on the poece of tight rope-good for honing your skills off the water.

aanybody ever built anything like this?
jimbo

blancoh2o

Since 15 Mar 2005
1153 Posts
Oregon
Phishy

PostTue Jan 31, 06 3:45 pm     Reply with quote

A friend of mine has a strap like you mention set up in his camp in LaVentana. All you need to do is put 2 large posts in the gound and stretch the webbing between the two posts. Angle the post away from each other when you set them in the holes. You can also put a anchor in the ground to keep tension on them. The strap only needs to be about 2 feet off the ground. Just make sure to tie it off with lots of tension.

https://kb4c.rallyup.com/kb4c/286ef9/Member

pacifichigh

Since 11 May 2005
1004 Posts
ATX
Texan

PostTue Jan 31, 06 3:53 pm     Reply with quote

It's called a slack line and its an old dirtbag climbers R&R for @ camp.

JNETTE

Since 02 Feb 2006
149 Posts
PORTLAND
Stoked

PostThu Feb 02, 06 2:31 am     Reply with quote

COOL VIDEO TUCK! KEEP YOUR CHIN UP, WINTER IS ALMOST OVER...YOU CAN'T COMPLAIN TOO MUCH CUZ YOU MADE IT TO THE COAST THE OTHER DAY. Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: