Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Slingshot ATL question...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostFri Dec 30, 05 2:08 pm    Slingshot ATL question... Reply with quote

Okay, so last night around 7:00PM JP and I went up to Timberline, just to mess around a bit. The wind was light (pretty much a solid 7-8 ) with a few gusts close to 20, so I put up my 11. In the gusts I was powered nicely, but for the most part there still wasn't enough wind. In the lulls (zero at times), the kite would flutter down and I'd have to have JP relaunch me. I don't have a Oneline setup on my bar, nor do I have an ATL, so I was weighing the two options.

I know I'm going to end up converting to Oneline sooner or later, so should I just do it now and use it for relaunch (I've been waiting since I want to buy the '06 lock & load chicken loop, etc.)? I however have used JP's several times in the past and I know it's a pain in the ass on LAND as the kite doesn't wanna flip on its back and "stick" in one place. Besides that, most of the time you still have to move a bit (which would mean unstrapping from the board's bindings in most cases). And still my other option would be to just toss an ATL on the kites, but that's just as much as Oneline after you buy it for the quiver. The ATL setup seems easier for snowkiting, but what do you guys think is really more worth it in the long run? Also, does anyone know any places (online or local Slingy dealers) selling ATLs? Thanks! Very Happy

-Adam

Sailut

Since 31 May 2005
72 Posts
Utah

PostFri Dec 30, 05 8:37 pm     Reply with quote

I think the ATL is the answer to snowkiting,
I used it today at Skyline (UT) on my 11M
I have Contra/Recon for my big kites.
The ATL is far superior than the Recon.
(no sticky bullets)
5th lines to the rear are good,
I just think the ATL is better
and the onepump on the snow
is awsome.
I just wish Slingshot
would offer colored lines.
Critical if any snowmobilers are in the same area,
and just plain easier to use on the snow.
I use Naish lines because they are colored

-Marty

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostFri Dec 30, 05 9:21 pm     Reply with quote

Cool, thanks for the insight! I got to thinking earlier and I figure if you really want the best of both worlds, you really just need the ATL and Oneline. Anyone selling an 11m and probably 7m ATL kit? If I could just find somewhere online I'd order it right now. I've got one more week of break, one week of school, then Bachelor (for MLK weekend), so it would be nice to have by then. Thanks again! Thumb's Up

As far as the colored lines go. I like the standard CLEAN plain white Slingy ones best, but you are right, they are incredibly hard to see in the snow. I may have to invest in a colored set, just for the snow. Never really thought about it before though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: