Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Hijacked Thread Alert! Can the Crossbow Jump & Ride Wav

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Onad

Since 04 Mar 2005
1435 Posts
Coast<<PDX>>Gorge
XTreme Poster

PostWed Nov 09, 05 8:41 am    Hijacked Thread Alert! Can the Crossbow Jump & Ride Wav Reply with quote

Arrow http://www.kitefilm.com/video/shinn1024.wmv

Update: See below for hijacker info....

Last edited by Onad on Thu Nov 10, 05 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2575 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostWed Nov 09, 05 9:11 am     Reply with quote

So what you're saying is, you have to be as good as Mark Shinn to make the Crossbow work in the surf? Laughing

PS I hope the car is loaded...looking pretty steady so far...

Onad

Since 04 Mar 2005
1435 Posts
Coast<<PDX>>Gorge
XTreme Poster

PostWed Nov 09, 05 9:29 am     Reply with quote

Yes & Yes... Cool

Man, he sure dives that kite quick at the end of the jump...

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostWed Nov 09, 05 10:39 am     Reply with quote

Wind Slither wrote:
PS I hope the car is loaded...looking pretty steady so far...

Pretty steady? Corbett is 15 gusting to 33!!! Shocked

lance_k

Since 04 May 2005
561 Posts
Hood River
Photographer

PostWed Nov 09, 05 10:39 am     Reply with quote

Hey when I was in Maui at Lanes with a HUGE swell coming in the only person out was Elliot Leboe and he was rocking the Crossbow.

Scriffler

Since 03 Jul 2005
581 Posts
LYLE
Addicted

PostWed Nov 09, 05 10:08 pm    Crossbow Reply with quote

Anyone who has ridden in waves knows that the most important thing is being able to steer the kite as fast as possible back in front of you to complete your top turn and setup for the next bottom turn. All this, of course, without being pulled off your edge. Besides having your boards glassed with a few extra layers of 6 ounce to weight it down(tow board style) these are the most important attributes. Crossbows depower very well, but the turning while depowered, and powered, is slower and less reponsive than almost all kites. There will be a kite coming out in February that I would bet my life on turns faster, powered and depowered, and depowers as much as the crossbow. And , of course, without 6 pulleys. Put all your hard earned cash to good use and get this kite if you want the best one for waveriding. I'm sure you all know which kite I am talking about, so be patient if you want the cutting edge for the next year.

littlegus

Since 08 Jul 2005
29 Posts
La Jungla

PostWed Nov 09, 05 10:31 pm    Re: Crossbow Reply with quote

Scriffler wrote:
I'm sure you all know which kite I am talking about, so be patient if you want the cutting edge for the next year.

No, which kite are you talking about?

importracer9 99

Since 27 Oct 2005
296 Posts

Obsessed

PostThu Nov 10, 05 9:52 am     Reply with quote

hey guys
Last edited by importracer9 99 on Tue Mar 23, 21 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Scriffler

Since 03 Jul 2005
581 Posts
LYLE
Addicted

PostThu Nov 10, 05 5:28 pm    Vegas Reply with quote

I thought I would let everyone guess at it since I figured most of you know me. It is the North Vegas. Quit wasting your money on other brands. I am no pimp, I have tried all the 06 kites and these are the best.

Onad

Since 04 Mar 2005
1435 Posts
Coast<<PDX>>Gorge
XTreme Poster

PostThu Nov 10, 05 6:03 pm    Re: Vegas Reply with quote

Scriffler wrote:
It is the North Vegas. Quit wasting your money on other brands. I am no pimp, I have tried all the 06 kites and these are the best.

Scriffler, good to hear your unbiased opinion. Care to share the Pros & Cons on all the '06 kites you tested??

I've heard good things about the new North kites, but I sure wouldn't want to use the bar until they fix the major safety issue with the bar chicken loop safety release.
Read all about it here: Arrow http://www.kiteforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2321667&sid=2d80a51f52bbf8cb05412c98d7fd323b

I'm shocked that the North Web site says nothing about this potentially life threatening design miss.
This makes me highly concerned about the North product design and safety testing process... How could they miss this??? Shocked

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostThu Nov 10, 05 6:11 pm     Reply with quote

So long as we're off topic... I LOVE SLINGY, even though I only have '05 stuff! Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: