Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Easterly Rooster Juice Today-Update on Executive Brunch Sesh

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Onad

Since 04 Mar 2005
1435 Posts
Coast<<PDX>>Gorge
XTreme Poster

PostThu Oct 27, 05 5:18 am    Easterly Rooster Juice Today-Update on Executive Brunch Sesh Reply with quote

Wake Up Adrenaline Junkies. Good probability for solid/gusty easterlies at Rooster today. Go get get!!! ~D
Last edited by Onad on Thu Oct 27, 05 3:00 pm; edited 6 times in total

Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2574 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostThu Oct 27, 05 7:01 am     Reply with quote

That's right Dano. No treats for kiddies that don't get their East wind tricks in this year. I suppose you can substitute some 30+ Southerlies on the coast if you don't mind the extra drive time.

Let's get em!

Sidenote: If the SE is solid enough through town and RR is blasting, Sauvies may well be worth a look...

Onad

Since 04 Mar 2005
1435 Posts
Coast<<PDX>>Gorge
XTreme Poster

PostThu Oct 27, 05 2:47 pm     Reply with quote

Mid-Day Update: Served myself up a 10:30am solo brunch of 9m on an open face 137cm smothered in juicy wind sprinkled with smoked gusts to forty. Love that the Online when going solo. Makes self launching & landing so easy… Thumb's Up

Wow, the '06 Fuel is sure a high performance machine!! Mr. Green

PS Hope Slither survived lunch on his 12m (small kite in his quiver at this point)...

I Wonder where Slither is????
 I Wonder where Slither is????  Monkey Boy.gif 

Sasquatch

Since 09 Mar 2005
2060 Posts
PNW
Bigfoot

PostThu Oct 27, 05 3:09 pm     Reply with quote

Slither survived quite nicely I might add, wish I had my 12m out there. Settled for the 8m. Had to walk back up wind a couple of times during the weaker periods. 10m would have been perfect from 12 to 2. Still nice to get out there. No devil wind seen or experienced. Pretty smooth out there.

5 out on the water when I was there and about the same when I left at 2:30

Water is very low, almost to the pileon/marker. Had to put the gloves on today. Feet were ok w/out booties. . . more the wind chill and lack on sun and strong winds. Hat and jacket were the call for the breakdown and walk backup to the car.

I think its going to blow past dark today . . .

Go get some wind Surprised

Onad

Since 04 Mar 2005
1435 Posts
Coast<<PDX>>Gorge
XTreme Poster

PostThu Oct 27, 05 6:14 pm     Reply with quote

The East Wind, an interloper in the dominions of Westerly Weather, is an impassive-faced tyrant with a sharp poniard held behind his back for a treacherous stab.
Joseph Conrad

Wind.gif 

bambam

Since 15 Mar 2005
760 Posts
Hood River
Photographer

PostThu Oct 27, 05 7:11 pm     Reply with quote

Stevenson... 2:30pm-5:30pm... Myself and Brad Jensen out for the straight through three hour session... Not bad, not bad 12m kiting at all...

Bam

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostThu Oct 27, 05 8:01 pm     Reply with quote

wow even bammer resurfaced for the east winds today... sounds like it was fun. I shoulda coulda woulda... but I just got back into town from Anchorage a couple hours ago. Man its colder than crap up there...

After being away for almost two weeks, I am ready for some NW kiting! Even if it means chasing rain clouds on the coast this weekend...

colby

Since 23 Apr 2005
613 Posts
Celebrity
Photographer

PostSat Oct 29, 05 12:21 am     Reply with quote

pkh...

I'm hoping to head out to the coast Sunday if things look good, let me know if you are out and about then.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: